• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Any ballooners out there? Support needed!

Hi beci if you're with Nosc it's £700 and I was told it's not usually done as 500ml is enough for many patients. I actually asked for 700ml and the surgeon only did 500ml he said that he wouldn't even consider doing a refill which I was quite shocked about tbh! Ask them on your next call. I'm in week 4 and 9kg down how are you getting on? X

Hi beci if you're with Nosc it's £700 and I was told it's not usually done as 500ml is enough for many patients. I actually asked for 700ml and the surgeon only did 500ml he said that he wouldn't even consider doing a refill which I was quite shocked about tbh! Ask them on your next call. I'm in week 4 and 9kg down how are you getting on? X
ooh thanks for that. I'm with NOSC to so will ask on Monday when I have my call. Well I'm 7 weeks in and done 19 pounds give or take I can't work it out in kg sorry ! You sound like your doing amazing tho ! I don't know maybe it's because I was so happy with the initial weight loss now because it's slowing down it's dishartening me a bit ? X

2,000 Dhs which is about $500. I wouldn't base your cost of refill on mine as things here are way more expensive than the rest of the world. Didn't your doctor provide costs of insertion, fill, and removal upon consultation?
thankyou. I think removal is inc in the price. But I will Ask :) x

ooh thanks for that. I'm with NOSC to so will ask on Monday when I have my call. Well I'm 7 weeks in and done 19 pounds give or take I can't work it out in kg sorry ! You sound like your doing amazing tho ! I don't know maybe it's because I was so happy with the initial weight loss now because it's slowing down it's dishartening me a bit ? X

Our removal is included in price not the re fill. ( which I find ridiculous it should be included in price since we've forked out 5k) you are doing brilliantly don't be disheartened it may be that your body is trying to catch up to the weightloss and you will see improvement. You are only 3 weeks ahead of me :) so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Talk to NOSC next call. I was actually meant to have mine today but didn't get one! I need to start exercising more I've slacked in the last week. Xx

I'm quite happy with the weightloss so far (5.4kg). It's difficult to imagine I'm only 2 weeks in as it feels like much longer. :D

The surgeon I had did not rule out refills (that's kind of the point with Spatz - well, that and the 12 months as opposed to 6 months, right?) though he did note that it isn't often used. I'm going to see how I go and consider it approx. 6 months down the line.

I'm quite happy with the weightloss so far (5.4kg). It's difficult to imagine I'm only 2 weeks in as it feels like much longer. :D The surgeon I had did not rule out refills (that's kind of the point with Spatz - well, that and the 12 months as opposed to 6 months, right?) though he did note that it isn't often used. I'm going to see how I go and consider it approx. 6 months down the line.

You've done brilliantly!! Xx

Hey all,

Glad to hear about everyone's losses! Y'all are superstars! I'm the same... Although I wish I was losing, I'm happy that I'm not gaining and back on the yoyo. We've had such a busy schedule lately that I'm over-eating/drinking for weight loss but my exercise and portion control is keeping me steady.

Weird thing is that my mind set is changing. I'm starting to see the fat girl again and I'm surprised that my weight hasn't ballooned every time I step on the scale. I really need to get focused and back on track. I'm so close to goal, only another stone to go, and I'm in a healthy BMI and size 12's (hopefully). Just need to pick up the pace in the gym and put down the fork. It's easy to become complacent after such a big loss...

Anywho, hope everyone has a happy and healthy weekend!

Odd how we are all so different. I am looking forward to having mine out as I've suffered again this weekend with nausea. I couldn't imagine having as much in my balloon as you neisie as 500mls is more than enough.

Odd how we are all so different. I am looking forward to having mine out as I've suffered again this weekend with nausea. I couldn't imagine having as much in my balloon as you neisie as 500mls is more than enough.

I don't think mine affects me at all anymore. But I don't want it out in case it is making a difference :) I must have a huge stomach!

Ooh mama good luck. Mines been out since nov n I struggle now funny enough though it's not with portion size because the balloon did fix that!! It's just cheating I struggle with. Good day, 2 bad then 3 good.
I didn't have symptoms at end but I had worst burps n felt like had bad breath n bloated. I was conscious of burps lol
I haven't put all weight back on but it's creeping n I have to make effort, but I always did!!
So balloon great for portion control but maybe not so good for habit breaking!!

Literally in tears right now. Took my husband's stupid mid-life crisis car in for it's yearly service and they just came back with the things needed - and it's over £3,000!!!!! We spent £2,000 on an extended warranty and LITERALLY NOTHING is covered under warranty. Nothing. We need to move in a few months and I'm already stressed about money bc of that. I so want a double cheeseburger from McDonalds right now. I can't imagine this day getting any worse and it's only 11am. :'(

Last edited:
Totally had a quarter pounder with cheese with a coke. Feel like a total loser. This morning I was the lowest weight I've been in years and I just wasted it on McDonalds. Ugh.

Back