• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any July 2013 surgery peeps?

sorry to hear that h12 hopefully it will be in next few days, im hoping the same doesnt happen to me tomorrow x

It's happened to me to ,ready to go to theatre, then at 3 pm today told it was cancelled, due to no beds. Nil by mouth when it is so hot was not good. Home now and will wait for a call, if l don,t call them first! Very fed up.

So sorry H12 :sigh:. I would be devastated. Hopefully you get that call pretty soon x

Woke up and nerves have hit me ITS TOMORROW!

Morning guys! Just a quick question..... Is there any space left on the loosers bench??? ;-)

Went in to hospital yesterday evening, and went to theater at 8. I was excited but a bit scared and a tad emotional, staff are amazing,very helpful and so supportive, I'm quite tired as had to be woken up every hour, but I'm fine,
Had 8 incisions, and apart from a bit of an achy back m feeling well, a bit shaky sometimes though. I'm not allowed anything for 48 hours :-( and I need to stay 1 day extra as a precaution, but I'm fine with that. (have no choice anyway lol!)
Jus had a shower, so nice,really needed that. Hopefully catheter will come out tonight.
Just can't wait for the loss to start, I've lost 5 kg on pre op diet so far.

surgeon was amazing, even came to see me in recover after (which apparently he usually doesn't do)

Good luck to all of you who are due the op shortly!!

Well done Annemieke. I hope you have a speedy recovery. I am coming towards the end of the first week of my pre op diet and after a great start it's all gone down hill. My diabetes has gone out of control with very low sugar levels and I feel absolutely dreadful but I have to march on so that I can post my own update on 29th.

Well done Annemeike, well worth the wait. Take it easy just now. I felt the same after a shower. Felt so refreshing

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well done Annemieke. I hope you have a speedy recovery. I am coming towards the end of the first week of my pre op diet and after a great start it's all gone down hill. My diabetes has gone out of control with very low sugar levels and I feel absolutely dreadful but I have to march on so that I can post my own update on 29th.

Have you spoke to your provider/doctor about low sugar levels, or wouldn't there be anything that can be done about that? 1 week down,1 to go!!

You be fine Nicnac_ it'll be done before you know it. All the best for tomorrow and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

yes I went to the GP yesterday and they have halved my meds but I still feel pretty rough today. I also spoke to the bariatric nurse and she said it's absolutely normal for this to happen to some diabetics and it's just about trying to make adjustments to meds to make it work

Woke up and nerves have hit me ITS TOMORROW!

Yyaaayyy sooooo close hun. Good luck for tomorrow :)

Morning guys! Just a quick question..... Is there any space left on the loosers bench??? ;-)

Went in to hospital yesterday evening, and went to theater at 8. I was excited but a bit scared and a tad emotional, staff are amazing,very helpful and so supportive, I'm quite tired as had to be woken up every hour, but I'm fine,
Had 8 incisions, and apart from a bit of an achy back m feeling well, a bit shaky sometimes though. I'm not allowed anything for 48 hours :-( and I need to stay 1 day extra as a precaution, but I'm fine with that. (have no choice anyway lol!)
Jus had a shower, so nice,really needed that. Hopefully catheter will come out tonight.
Just can't wait for the loss to start, I've lost 5 kg on pre op diet so far.

surgeon was amazing, even came to see me in recover after (which apparently he usually doesn't do)

Good luck to all of you who are due the op shortly!!

WTG hun!! And congrats on reaching the losers bench ... I'm so jealous :)
Rest up and heal well Anne
xx

I'm all packed and ready to go - got to be in for 10.30, been told to stop drinking at 9.30 so op should be at 11.30. Losers bench here I come :D

I'm here all checked in :) nervous but just want together it done now

Had my op tuesday felt bad for a few days with sickness and pain, came home last night and feel alot better today congrats to evryone now on the losers bench and good luck to everyone who still has their op to come x

Back