• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any one had this problem on pre op diet??

Hi all,

I am having gastric band fitted on 12th September. Been on dairy diet for 1 week. Had the headache and tiredness which I expected but I have a sensation in my belly and below like I have been punched and its really sore to touch. Feel constipated and dont no if it is all linked? Can anyone help?:wave_cry:

It is really common to get constipated when you start a very low calorie/low fiber diet. Constipation can be really miserable and a tender belly can result sometimes. Have you tried any of the fiber suppliments to help with the constipation? I use benefiber daily (2 spoons in my coffee/tea) and fybogel for when I feel stuck. Also try upping your fluids as much as you can, sometimes that can really do the trick. As always if you are really concerned or your pain/discomfort increases, check with your GP just to make sure.

Hope that helps and that you are feeling more comfortable soon.
Nic;)

Thanks. I'm just off to the shops now so i will get some and try it.
Just have to say read alot of your messages and I feel really inspired by you. I have had some worries such as how will I cope and what will I eat and your words have really put my mind at rest.
Roll on 12th September!!

I am happy to help when I can (and other times I just ramble, lol). I only have wonderful things to say about my wls experience! Wishing you the best of luck for your surgery and hope you breeze through it thinking 'what was I so worried about?' - I certainly felt that way.

Nic:D

Hi Dobs, Good luck with your forth coming event, when i did lighter life i used to be the same . When i got like yourself i had to revert to glycerine suppostries x 1 ( from Boots ) then went on physium husks in my am drinks but i dont think you can use husks once on band not sure though ?
Mia

Back