• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any One on The Liver reduction diet over Christmas?

loubyl00

I want to shrink!
Just wondering who is in the same boat as me this Christmas.

Which Diet you are on? How are you going to cope?
Any Advice?

I'm on Day one and have just realised I'm going to find it hard.

xxx

I am - and it is very hard.

When is your op. Mine is on 9th January with Mr Ammori at Salford Royal.

I am - and it is very hard.

When is your op. Mine is on 9th January with Mr Ammori at Salford Royal.

Mine is 6th January with Mr Ammori at the Spire.

Good luck hun with diet and surgery. Which diet are you doing?

They haven't really said anything - just sent me a letter in the post with the details. How long do you have to do it for?

I had to start today and carry on until my op. They did say I can break it Xmas Day though. but then straight back on it Boxing day. I'm scared that if I put weight on they will refuse me the Op! I put weight on so easy, only have to look at chocolate and I put 2lb on.

So that's a two week pre op diet. Funny isn't it - same surgeon - different hospital and a four week pre op diet.

So you are doing 4 weeks? Wow that will be hard!
I haue done a Healthy eating diet for 4 weeks now and lost 11lb. So they may be taking that into consideration.
Although I think most people on here do 2 weeks if Im not mistaken.

ive been on it since last wed n my op is wed comin......im also low cal diet etc, been fine so far but the pangs are kicking in a bit more now! good luck!

ive been on it since last wed n my op is wed comin......im also low cal diet etc, been fine so far but the pangs are kicking in a bit more now! good luck!

Good luck with the rest of your pre op diet and then your op.

xxx

Me too started the pre op diet Monday should of been Wednesday but was too eager to start (what was I thinking). I'm finding it hard as it's a hard time of year with all the chocs :( I could eat my arm off at the moment lol. I'm also on the low carb, fat pre op diet. X

Me too started the pre op diet Monday should of been Wednesday but was too eager to start (what was I thinking). I'm finding it hard as it's a hard time of year with all the chocs :( I could eat my arm off at the moment lol. I'm also on the low carb, fat pre op diet. X

Good Luck with it hun. Keep posting and let's be good together.

xxx

I was on pre op diet for 9 days as had cancellation and worried about my liver, if i was you lou would just have a normal dinner, but less carbs, and no pud, you dont want to be worrying as you will if you break it and go mad x

I was on pre op diet for 9 days as had cancellation and worried about my liver, if i was you lou would just have a normal dinner, but less carbs, and no pud, you dont want to be worrying as you will if you break it and go mad x

Thanks Bex, that sounds good advice. Did they tell you that if you out weight on they wouldnt do your op?

Its about the liver hun, they want it to shrink as cant do op other wise, carbs make it bigger and fat, you could forego your carbs for breakfast and have more at lunch time thats what i did some times, just have yoghurt for breakfast - but you have a good 12 days after xmas day so i would not worry, i was on it 9 days but did not sin xxx

I'm just coming to the end of mine, been on the low cal/fat/sugar/carbs diet. It's been hell though. Tonight we went shopping and my other half bought all the xmas dinner stuff as he's cooking for his sister and brother in-law xmas day, I wasn't fussed about the meat cos I'm vegetarian but the massive chocolate pudding he bought for them to have for afters broke me! Still, this time next year I'll be able to have a weeny xmas dinner and wear a nice outfit at the same time :)

H xx

Good luck to you all :) it is a hard time of year to be doing the pre op diet but keep your eyes on the prize & you will be fine. I did the milk diet which suited me better as there is less chance to cheat :eek::eek: I only had 6 days notice for my op
& my liver was fine. :) xxx

It is hard this time of year. I did a Tesco online so i wouldnt be tempted but I had to buy the hubby and our 13 year old some treats.

We have the family over xmas day, so im cooking for 10. Hopefully I will be good!!!!!

I also am on the liver diet over xmas and have been on it since the 9th Dec.
My op is on the 9th Jan.
I find the the low ft low carb diet ok as no hunger pains at all despite hubby buys little nick nacks for xmas. The only think with the diet I find hardest is my liquid intake as hate plain tap water ( council pop , hence I brought bottle flavour water today.

Back