• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liver reducing diet...failed!!!

Well my liver was fine,hooray...no panic needed.

All went well & I'm home feeling fine after my band surgery at 1.30pm yesterday.

I woke up with 7 incisions as the surgeon very kindly repaired a hiatus hernia I didn't know I even had so got a bargain!lol.

Tea water & consumme all stayed down with no discomfort so far.

Now the real battle starts but my head is in the right place & I'm feeling strong & positive to finally beat this weight issue,

Well my liver was fine,hooray...no panic needed.

All went well & I'm home feeling fine after my band surgery at 1.30pm yesterday.

I woke up with 7 incisions as the surgeon very kindly repaired a hiatus hernia I didn't know I even had so got a bargain!lol.

Tea water & consumme all stayed down with no discomfort so far.

Now the real battle starts but my head is in the right place & I'm feeling strong & positive to finally beat this weight issue,

Congratulations, so pleased it went well. Good luck with your recovery x

Well done sweetheart :) pleased all went well rest up now and heal..... sounds all positive too getting that old head in the right place is the key x x x x Congrats on making the losers bench ....welcome and bring on those losses x x x x

Question

I have a hen doo booked 5,weeks post op so will be on my level 2 foods but am concerned what I will be able to eat in a restaurant at that stage as we've got to pre order???
I realise it will only be a couple of teaspoons of whatever it is but any ideas?
The choice is usual starter foods.

What foods do people tend to choose for levels 1-3 as my guidance from my provider is quite general.:confused:

Many thanks

Really does depend on the menus, to be honest I cried off of eating out with loads of people until I was a bit more confident, told people I wouldn't be eating but would join them for a drink and pudding, sorbet goes down easily!

Really does depend on the menus, to be honest I cried off of eating out with loads of people until I was a bit more confident, told people I wouldn't be eating but would join them for a drink and pudding, sorbet goes down easily!

That's what I kinda thought about doing just joining them for a drink but then part of me thinks I can't avoid all social situations, I go back to work after 2 wks & im staying in hotels & feel bad spoiling arrangements made with friends....

Maybe I can join them & not eat...just salivate at them all tucking in to a steak!ha ha :sigh:

That's what I kinda thought about doing just joining them for a drink but then part of me thinks I can't avoid all social situations, I go back to work after 2 wks & im staying in hotels & feel bad spoiling arrangements made with friends....

Maybe I can join them & not eat...just salivate at them all tucking in to a steak!ha ha :sigh:

What about just going for a soup or pate or something?

Good luck
Jackie x

That's where I'm having my bypass in August, but haven't been there as saw the consultant locally. What did you think of the hospital and the staff?

The hospital, bariatric team & the consultant were all great.

I'm probably more critical than most as a nurse myself but I was very impressed.

You will be in safe hands luv :eek:

Welcome to the losers bench

Soup and some ice cream would be a good option. Some do not consider soup to be a slider food. Slider foods to worry about are crisps and nice together etc or hot chocolates etc but even if you eat slider foods occasionally it will be m. We need to live in the real world and sometimes it is difficult to control our food at these times

What about soup, something with mash and gravy and you can have the mash and gravy and leave the rest then some ice cream or cake with custard and have the custard. There is always a way round it. I went away for a week end with very close girlfriends 20 days post op. Only one of them knew about my op but I ended up telling them all as we were is a big lodge and everyone had brought gorgeous gourmet food along and I felt I had to explain why I was not eating it

Good luck xxx

Remember slider food to get round a social situation are fine. As it will not be the mainstay of your diet

Thank you Siana58 you have done amazing :)

I will ask for a fill during the op as the dietician recommended as by the sounds will start me off in the right direction.

I'm having my op at the BMI Alexander hospital at Cheadle in Cheshire.

The hospital, bariatric team & the consultant were all great.

I'm probably more critical than most as a nurse myself but I was very impressed.

You will be in safe hands luv :eek:

Thank you so much for that. I'm scared witless so it's great to hear that you recommend them:)

Question on purrees?!?

Welcome to the losers bench

Soup and some ice cream would be a good option. Some do not consider soup to be a slider food. Slider foods to worry about are crisps and nice together etc or hot chocolates etc but even if you eat slider foods occasionally it will be m. We need to live in the real world and sometimes it is difficult to control our food at these times

What about soup, something with mash and gravy and you can have the mash and gravy and leave the rest then some ice cream or cake with custard and have the custard. There is always a way round it. I went away for a week end with very close girlfriends 20 days post op. Only one of them knew about my op but I ended up telling them all as we were is a big lodge and everyone had brought gorgeous gourmet food along and I felt I had to explain why I was not eating it

Good luck xxx

Remember slider food to get round a social situation are fine. As it will not be the mainstay of your diet[/QUOTE

Thanks Kurstywursty

Well I'm feeling fine post operatively & healing well...amazingly not starving but realise that's a placebo effect as I have no fill in my 10ml band...surgeon said he didn't think I needed it initially!:(

Trying to get organised for purée stage with a nutri bullet & ice cube trays of purred meat n gravy,veggies & pots etc as I will be back at work by purée stage.

Just wondering what 1 ice cube of mash potato equates too in tsps???

Will I manage a cube of mash, 1 of veg & 1 of meat or is that way too much???

Many thanks

If i'm out at social eating things I always opt for jacket potato :) i'm guessing your be at mashed stage then? When I had my band fitted it was straight on sloppy's ...i think week 5 I was starting to experiment with softs (under dieticians advise) ...ie: jacket potato mashed up....as Kirsty says these events are not everyday life and if it makes life easier for these events I wouldn't worry .... I still have soup often for a meal, it always was part of my normal food regime and will always be....
What ever just take it slowly :)

Ice cube trays of food? well that's a new one on me lol I was getting the basic range of shepherds pies from sainsbury's and dividing them into 4 portions in the early days then 2 portions as time went on :) just stick to your providers rules (they all say different) as I say as long as you stick to the rules they gave you, you cant go far wrong.... plus everyone is different depending on restriction.... I had empty band after op ....in fact still have lol over a year out of surgery, and only just discovering how normal I can eat (should I choose to) LOL

Thanks Crystal...I thought by using ice cube trays filled with purrees it will help me be organised & control my portion sizes.

My guidelines are 2 wks liquid,2 wks purrees & then level 1,2,3 soft foods so normal diet week 6-7 ish.
I will follow my dieticians guidelines on the what I should purée...think it's going to be trial & error...no doubt i will learn from mistakes!

I've always loved soup so don't see it as a hardship to eat it whilst eating out but obviously without the crusty bread rolls

LOL yeah skip that old bread lol it sits heavy whatever stage :) hmm yeah will be organised that way for sure lol I had tons of wee containers in my freezer in the early weeks but for ease opted for ready meals wizzed up and sieved lol oh the joys LOL your doing fab hunni its easy to stress it early on, once your a few weeks in it gets easier x x x

Back