• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-Oppers... Anyone want to join me trying to lose some weight pre op?

I was really having problems kick starting my diet - but now its no problem. Thanks Sam. I've done really well this week. Tonight I made Cornish Pasties for the family but put some filling in a little casserole dish for me and cooked it without the pastry. Breakfast and lunch are no problem because I'm using Slimfast (I don't have to think about it) I ran out yesterday and even postponed breakfast until I bought some this morning. Let's just hope my halo stays up! Mxx

Sam, if your totm is due, this weeks weight loss may not show up until the following week so if you weigh yourself on monday and it disappoints you it isnt because you havent lost any fat, its because you are swollen and water retentive.

Well done Zeta, it sounds like you are trully on the right track, keep it up :)

Ok another day of two halves here..... Although not too bad. skipped breakfast. had an open sandwich (1 slice) with cucumber, tomato, turkey slice. grapes and strawberries for lunch. Now for the BAD bit...........OH and son had asked for home made chips for tea, I dont do them often and I could not resist so I had 2 slices of bread and chips! I thoroughly enjoyed them, do not feel a bit guilty lol. The 3 peanut cookies I ate afterwards however have made me feel BAD girl!

I think the most important thing I am getting out of this is that I am making myself eat very small fork fulls, chewing very slowly and at least 20-30 times each mouthful. It is a chore, I am finding it hard to eat anything before 4 or 5 pm and am having to tackle it by setting the alarm on my phone and stopping whatever I am doing to go and sit at the table and eat or drink.

I usually get dehydrated during the day as I cant really be bothered to eat, then during the evening and through the night drink at least 3 pints of water.

Once I have got the eating at proper times and chewing down to pat I will then start to focus on my evening meal and evening snacking gremlins, thats the toughy and may take some time.

Good luck and will power for tomorrow peeps :) Xx

thanks all your suport is really apreciated. BREAKEAST ....... fresh fruit and yougurt ,coffe. DINNER......... 2 slices of bread, scrape of saladcream, let,. tom,. onion, ham f/water. TEA..... sw chips, peas, carrots, ww shep, pie, f/water SNACKS

pressed wrong button again lol. SNACKS ....... 2 cups coffe,1 babana, rice pudding made from rice leftover from tea. 2 slices dry bread 1 with peas on the other a fwe of sons chips (bad girl). not hadany cakes, bisckits,choc,crisps or anything all week and a i want some help i keep seeing visions of a tescos custard doughnut

Met with my personal trainer yesterday and she weighed me at 17st5.6lbs. This was several pounds higher than my home scales but it is also TOTM. Going to find the scale in Boots this afternoon. I worked out for about 90 minutes yesterday with her and am going to do another hour today.

My eldest daughter, who is 11, is flying to Florida this afternoon to see her father and my parents. I usually gain about a stone while she is gone from sheer nervousness. I am not going to do that this time. I have restarted Rosemary Conley. This morning I had the red portion pot of Special K with fat free milk and also had a Muller Light yoghurt.

Day 4. Going well - Slimfast breakfast and lunch. Dinner was sweet & sour chicken with stir-fry veggies, rice and noodles. All very low fat and I only used 2 chicken breasts between 3 of us so I couldn't overindulge. Keep up the good work everyone. Marion xx

had been doing very well, but yesterday was our last day of training so our group decided to get pizza for lunch. I couldnt say no ( or didnt want to) so I dread to think what my calories were for yesterday. Have had a sneaky peek at scales this morning though and they are showing 2lb down - even after pizza so Im chuffed. Will update my ticker on Monday at my official weekly weigh in.

Good Luck Sam and all who are doing their weigh in tomorrow morning. I havent decided whether to wait until my full 7 days is up on wednesday. Tbh, it might be nice to weigh in with everyone else :).

Ok well overall so far I have surprised myself and am happy with how things have gone, even with a few falters.

I have reduced portion sizes, eaten a lot more fruit and veg than I normally do, cut down the ammount of carbs and for the best part, avoided snacking between meals. Out of the 5 days I have been doing this I have submitted to choc or biccies about 3 times, I can live with that :).

Week 2 here we come.......(hands round the willpower booster packs ;) )

Hey there. I know this thread was started a week ago but can I please join in. I have been watching my intake for a few weeks now but without much success (just got back from having a curry). Anyway all being well my surgery is in 3 weeks and I want to really focus this week so when i start my preop diet the following week its not such a shock to the system, plus every pound counts!!

Hey fuze - of course you can join us. The more the merrier. Good luck hun.

Swizzle you have your WI day whenever suits you. Thanks for the willpower booster pack. Its much needed after a naughty weekend.

Well, my weigh in result is only 1lb off. I dont deserve any more to be honest. I was so good up until Thursday - having slimfast and fruit during the day and a healthy dinner. Friday was the last day of training at work so we all had pizza for lunch. Then it was works do so had alcohol and buffet in the evening. The scales actually showed a 2lb loss on Sat morning but Fridays events have obv caught up and a 1lb has gone back on.

Determined that this will be a better week. Good luck to everyone who is weighing in today.

Welcome on board Fuze :) and good luck!
(hands Fuze a willpower booster pack).

Zeta, Kats, fashionably late, how are you all getting on?

Sam I more or less done the same as you, I had a sneaky weigh in last night and it showed I had lost 3 and half pounds. Chuffed I got up this morning and decided today would be the official weigh in day. weighed myself before breakfast and :eek: am back to the weight I was when I started. I PUT ON WEIGHT IN MY SLEEP LOL.

Yesterday was such a good eating day too, I had a toasted muffin for breakfast with a tablespoon of beans and a rasher of bacon (fat cut off boohoo). then for dinner had a salad which consisted of 5 crab sticks, 2 slices of thin sliced chicken slices, carrot/peanut/raisin salad, cucumber, beetroot, tomatoes, a tiny amount of potato salad. For supper I had a corn on the cob and a cadburys light trifle (half fat). I think it was my bad behaviour Friday catching up with me too lol.

Pound off is a pound off Sam :) well done :)

Onward and upward, well actually that should be downward ;) being as we are trying to lose ;)

Phoebe Xx

I've decided that my official weigh-in will be on Tuesdays. On Mondays I usually get a false reading after the weekend and by tusday it's sorted itself out. So - today's weigh-in and I'm 5lbs down despite eating everything I could lay my hands on yesterday. Ok - I know it's mainly fluid loss the first week, but it feels good. Onwards and upwards. Or should that be downwards? Keep up the good work you lovely lot. Mxx

bloody hell Marion, thats fantastic hun. Im determined that this is going to be a better week. Have been good so far. Am eating out tomorrow night for Neils birthday but thats the only excuse I have all week.

Happy birthday Neil. :553:

Hows everyone doing?

Ive been good all week but have been out for a lovely lunch today and made a pig of myself as usual. I wish I had some bloomin self control.

Well done Zeta :) you put me to shame lol

I think I ve had 3 good days and 4 baddish days this week. head isnt in the place I hoped it would be, not giving up though, may not weigh myself this week as I have a feeling if I havent stayed still I may have gained. I dont want to get into the downward spiral of negativity that happens when see see gain on the scales and head straight for the comfort food.

Friday was good, I went downstairs to grab something to eat, kinda forgetting I'm supposed to be watching what I eat, I picked up some fruit mentos sweets and a can of cream soda and actually didn't really fancy them and went in search of some lite melba toasts with lo fat cheese, some grapes and a cup of cherry and cinamon tea with 1 sweetener in it. I really enjoyed it and it didnt feel like a chore.

Ive been slack with the daily allowance sheets this week, I really think they make a difference, especially when you realise you havent eaten enough fruit and veg from your daily allowance. Will try to keep it up again this week.

Good luck once again to everyone this week Xx

Hi, how's everyone getting on?? I've been really rubbish the last week or so. Have started again today. Hope you're all doing better than me! Xxx

Ok so today is the first day of my pre-op liver reducing diet and im STARVING!!!!!!!!

so this is what i have had today:

Breakfast- 3 tablespoons of plane cornflakes with 1/3 pint of milk
Lunch- 1 slice WW toast with scraping of spread
Dinner- homemade tomato soup and an apple

lots of water during the day!

Well done Zeta :) you put me to shame lol

I think I ve had 3 good days and 4 baddish days this week. head isnt in the place I hoped it would be, not giving up though, may not weigh myself this week as I have a feeling if I havent stayed still I may have gained. I dont want to get into the downward spiral of negativity that happens when see see gain on the scales and head straight for the comfort food.

Friday was good, I went downstairs to grab something to eat, kinda forgetting I'm supposed to be watching what I eat, I picked up some fruit mentos sweets and a can of cream soda and actually didn't really fancy them and went in search of some lite melba toasts with lo fat cheese, some grapes and a cup of cherry and cinamon tea with 1 sweetener in it. I really enjoyed it and it didnt feel like a chore.

Ive been slack with the daily allowance sheets this week, I really think they make a difference, especially when you realise you havent eaten enough fruit and veg from your daily allowance. Will try to keep it up again this week.

Good luck once again to everyone this week Xx

Ooooh swizzle, you spoke too soon!!!! I've had a dreadful week - I was 4lbs up the day after a Chinese takeaway! Then granddaughter said (as she does frequently) can we make cakes? So we did! It's all gone to pot. Weigh-in day tomorrow. Oh dear. Anyway, you've inspired me to do better. Keep up the good work, Zxx

Back