• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-Oppers... Anyone want to join me trying to lose some weight pre op?

Sambucca

Hi gang

I have been trying and failing to get my weight down before my op. At least it has stopped me gaining any more, but I just cant seem to motivate myself to start a proper diet and stick to it.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Maybe we can all support each other. It doesnt matter whether you are following a "diet" or just trying to cut down. Its bloody hard as we all know, so perhaps we could use this thread to keep each other going.

Tomorrow (Monday) I am going to start again. Im going to try to stick to about 1500 cals a day which should enable me to lose up to 2lb a week. For me that would be almost a stone gone before I start my proper pre op milk diet.

I think any weight we can lose pre op has got to be a good thing, no matter what our starting weight.

So whaddya say gals (and guys). YOu can post menu's, ask for advice, offer support... whatever you want.

I'll join you Sam, now that I'm back to being 4 weeks pre-op. Been on a planned bender this weekend but will be resuming CD SS+ for 14 days and SS for the last 14 days before my op.

Sam i think that is a fantastic idea. The lighter you are the better shape you will be in for surgery. It will also get your head into a better place pre op so thet you can address head hunger etc.
Im looking forward to following your progress i know how much you want and need this and know you can do it. tomorrow is a new day and the start of the new you. Embrace it with open arms and when someone or something gets to you say im better than this and have a little jig.
good luck cant wait till this time next year we will all be skinny minis

I will join you. I am going to do the Rosemary Conley again. I need to start preparing myself for smaller portions. I think knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel will help me.

Ooh great! I have some fellow slimmers!

RS best of luck with following CD hun. I know how tough that is. I wish you every success and the beauty is that you know if you stick to it you will have amazing losses with CD. I wish I was disciplined enough to do that again.

FL thanks for joining me. I havent done Rosemary Conley for years. How does that work hun? DO you have a calorie allowance? I seem to remember something about less than 5 fat (but might be getting it mixed up with something else) Best of luck sweetie. xx

Sam i think that is a fantastic idea. The lighter you are the better shape you will be in for surgery. It will also get your head into a better place pre op so thet you can address head hunger etc.
Im looking forward to following your progress i know how much you want and need this and know you can do it. tomorrow is a new day and the start of the new you. Embrace it with open arms and when someone or something gets to you say im better than this and have a little jig.
good luck cant wait till this time next year we will all be skinny minis

Thanks Carole

Im sure all pre oppers will agree with me when I say that you are one of the biggest inspirations on Minis for WLS. Your support and friendship is much appreciated darling xx

I have been trying to loose weight since my initial appointment in March. I think I have lost and gained the same stone about five times since then. Although my surgeon told me not to gain more than 7lbs, I wanted to loose a minimum of 1 stone before I started the pre-op diet.

The problem was for me is that I would work very hard to loose the stone and then I would think I deserved a treat and before I knew it the weight was back on. Thankfully I have always caught myself before I got back up to my starting weight!

I haven’t been sticking to a specific diet, but I have been aiming for 1500Kcal pd and trying to cut out my various 'demon' foods such as takeaways!

I think this is a great thread for pre-oppers Sam!

x

I'll join you Sam. I've tried to diet over the past two weeks and I've gained a pound! I really need to get focused. Great idea. Marion xx

great idea sam ! good luck to everyone xxx

ill join you im going to go back on sw till my pre op i will go to boots tomorrow to weigh myself and tack it from there. can i use this thread as my food diary?

Hi Sam

I will join you all too as I am starting a Monday morning (tomorrow) diet yet again!

I don't know what diet to do though...I have quite a lot of my Cambridge left so I might do that.

Psychologically I am still scared to lose too much as my PCT might say you can do it on your own and you don't warrant getting the surgery...But health reasons tell me to get some of this weight off me now.

(((hugs)))

Ooh Im glad weve got so many joining in. Kats... definitely use it as a food diary hun if its what helps you. I may do the same. We can also use the thread if we need to be talked out of eating something we shouldnt.

Snow, I thought about using up some of my CD packs too. I'm not sure how many I have left. I'll have a count - but tbh, I think I will be better using those for the actual pre op diet to shrink my liver instead of going out and getting more. Do you have your funding yet hun? The reason I ask is that whilst it is tempting to try and lose the weight quickly with CD, I wouldnt do something like that till the funding is in place, and you are not far over the magic BMI40 hun. Why not just go slow and steady till funding and then go for it big time with the cambridge?

Hi, can I join in too? Am going back to Lighter Life on Thursday but will keep control of the calories from tomorrow till then. Think it will make it easier if a few of us can support each other Xx

Of course you can join us hun. The more the merrier.

Ive just had Shepherds pie for my tea and some lush home made rice pudding. Yummy. But thats my last fattening meal for a while. Not decided what Im going to eat tomorrow yet, but will make sure I take a packed lunch to work as that my biggest downfall at the mo.

Good luck girls just imagine what yr cumalative weight loss could be. you could loose a whole person between you. How mad would that be.

Back