• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-Oppers... Anyone want to join me trying to lose some weight pre op?

Update

Well I've astounded myself and actually joined a ladies only gym to aid my weight loss - I hope!

I HATE excercise or always used to but I decided if I get into the exercise habit before surgery I should be able to pick it up again once I'm feeling better after the op.

After 6 weeks of being good my weight loss has slowed down and I don't want to give up so this is my cunning plan 'B'.

Does anyone else exercise pre-op or are you all just dieting?

Lyn

Lyn

Have only managed to do the diet this week. I was hoping to get in some excercise but just ran out of time.

I did manage to lose 3lbs though! Not bad for the first week as I have been easing myself into it.

I must try and raise the bar this week...:D

I've been on "this diet" (healthy eating Mr Taheri said, not a diet) for the past 10 days.

So far today I have had - 2x very large mugs of coffee made with coffee mate, 1x Actimil, 2x tiny petis filous, 2 eggs, mushrooms, 5 cherry toms, nectarine & 2x satsumas oh and 75ml water.

I have felt really rough today & had the shakes I think it's down to tiredness as I am not sleeping well at all. I also know I have not eaten enough on some day's. I can't drink coffee without my coffee mate & I am counting the calories for this, I intend on not adding it to my shopping once this tin has gone.

Day 1 ~ 940 cal
Day 2 ~ 951 cal
Day 3 ~ 739 cal
Day 4 ~ 774 cal ~ weighed at dr's & lost 8lbs
Day 5 ~ 963 cal
Day 6 ~ 791 cal
Day 7 ~ 1386 cal
Day 8 ~ 977 cal
Day 9 ~ 1111 cal
Day 10 ~ so far 465 cal

Hi Didi

I have difficulty with exercise because of other health conditions, this is most of why I have weight gain as I am unable to burn anything off. I have a stair lift at home but try not to use it as walking up or down my stairs is on of the few ways I get exercise. It does cause a lot of pain though.
Well done for joining the gym, I'm sure you will see the weight coming off again :)

Well done at the 3lb weightloaa Glenville, keep it up :)

Hi and welcome Jezebelle. Are you on the pre-op liver shrinking diet? You are doing well with the weightloss but are you eating enough, especially protein, Make sure you are getting all the nutrients you need each day from what you are eating as lacking something may make you feel dizzy. If you feel like that again, perhaps talk to your doc about it and they may be able to sort it out for you. Good luck this week :)

Hey Roch I know what you mean about being a hermit, I barely get out of the house myself and have to depend on my OH to take me anywhere, I am VERY self conscious too, it's such a tragedy that so many of us suffer like this isnt it. Hope everything goes well this week.

Ok gonna go weigh myself brb......

Blimey exactly the same as when I started. To be honest for me that is a bonus. It means at the moment I have not continued to creep upwards.

New week, I shall endevour to do my best, what else can I say!

Goodluck and willpower peeps Xx

Hi Swizzlestick,
No, not on the pre op diet (wish I was). The consultant want's me to lose 5 to 10% of my weight to prove commitment to the surgery. He will then refer me on to the surgeon. Due to be seen end of Sep I hope, but might phone them for a appointment before then.

To finish my meal off from yesterday I had... 5oz roast beef, yorkshire pudd, 5oz boiled spuds, lots of veg with a little gravy made from granules & a baked apple sprinkled with cinnamon.

Day 10 ~ 1000 calories

So far today I have had 2x very large mugs of coffee with coffee mate, 1x Actimil & 2 weetabix with skimmed milk.

Day 11 ~ 371 cals so far today

This is a really good idea. I might do the same, as I am due to start the pre op diet in a couple of weeks anyway.

Can I join your group?

I am hoping to try and cut out carbs, as I know that works for me.

Rx

Can I join your group?

I am hoping to try and cut out carbs, as I know that works for me.

Rx

Of course you can sweetie. I agree about the carbs, the biggest change I have made is cutting out a big bowl of cereal for breakie and sandwiches at lunch time. Replaced with something a bit more sensible has made a big difference.

Well I've just been away for the weekend with my daughter (leaving her little one with daddy) made a nice change but don't think it will have helped me lose any weight this week - we've been pretty good but as I couldn't get to the gym last week due to problems at work needing me to work long days and I was just too tired to go after work. Will weigh in the morning but won't be suprised if I've gone back up. Hopefully I'll be back on track tomorrow - no more excuses.

Lyn

I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday so will ask to be weighed then. ;)

I've caved in a couple of day's with a drink and the kfc but added them all up and wrote them on my diet sheet for the hospital to see. :eek:

This and next weekend are going to be the worst for me, we have a 50th next Saturday and the following Friday is my sons "Bon Voyage to Afghanistan party" :wave_cry:

Day 11 ~ 1850 Cals (I had a few bacardis n diet cokes with the family)
Day 12 ~ 1200 Cals
Day 13 ~ 1150 Cals
Day 14 ~ 850 Cals
Day 15 ~ 980 Cals
Day 16 ~ 1150 Cals
Day 17 ~ 910 Cals
Day 18 ~ 1200 Cals
Day 19 ~ 1800 Cals (Boneless KFC for lunch)
Day 20 (today) ~ 1050 Cals

Update

Well I've astounded myself and actually joined a ladies only gym to aid my weight loss - I hope!

I HATE excercise or always used to but I decided if I get into the exercise habit before surgery I should be able to pick it up again once I'm feeling better after the op.

After 6 weeks of being good my weight loss has slowed down and I don't want to give up so this is my cunning plan 'B'.

Lyn

Hi didi,
I am in leeds and wondered where is there a ladies only gym?
x

Back