• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any regrets?????

Jaxx i seem to be going through what you did. Feeling down, left out an thinking 'omg what have i done to myself'...

I suppose it does get easier but im at that self loathing wall x

No regrets at all, but did wake up and think 's***, what have i let myslf in for!!!'.

But things are going ok, and i feel great. Had surgery last week on tuesday.

xxx

I am sure that I will feel the same once I start to come round, but by that time, it will be too late, then the only way is UP!!! :D

Thanks everyone all your info is making me believe even more this is the right thing fir me xxxx good luck to you all xxx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Like many others, my only regret is that I didnt do it years ago!! It is life changing but the biggest life-change is being able to walk into a "normal" shop and buy something that isnt over-priced!! Love the compliments, the confidence, the "glow" - its priceless!!!!!!!!!!

I just know im going to wake up and think"arrgghhhh what have i done?" but i also know thats its the greatest gift i will ever give to myself, a brand new life! I cant wait! x

MissDiet said:
Jaxx i seem to be going through what you did. Feeling down, left out an thinking 'omg what have i done to myself'...

I suppose it does get easier but im at that self loathing wall x

I PROMISE you, it definitely does get better! When your weight really starts to come off there's no feeling like it :) :) xxx

Hi, I had my op 6 days ago and I'm starting to get a bit worried. I know I didn't eat salad to get fat in the first place but how does a few nights in hospital change your mind set about food and the way you think? All I want to do is eat some chocolate, I'm dying for some, but I'm scared I'll dump and be sick, does that mean I'll never be able to eat it again and how do I stop thinking about yummy foods? Help

Hi, I had my op 6 days ago and I'm starting to get a bit worried. I know I didn't eat salad to get fat in the first place but how does a few nights in hospital change your mind set about food and the way you think? All I want to do is eat some chocolate, I'm dying for some, but I'm scared I'll dump and be sick, does that mean I'll never be able to eat it again and how do I stop thinking about yummy foods? Help
oh butterfly i feel for you :( isnt this the reason for the surgery though? so as much as you fancy it you cant have it, and the weight will drop off! Just try and concentrate on that!!! woohoo skinny minnie lol there must be something you can have to ease the cravings? come on post oppers, what can she have? lol good luck honey xxx

I was really lucky that post op I lost my craving for pretty much all food, esp the bad stuff. This is creeping back though! Perhaps just having something you are allowed to have to fill you up to take your mind off it. You'll be fine stay strong. X

Sent from my HTC Desire using WLSurgery

I had a small amount of Options hot chocolate made with water :) I checked with my team and they saud it would be ok but to take it carefully

Only real regret was that I allowed myself to mutate into a fat lard arsed lazy git that had to have my guts re-routed in the first place.

Butterfly1979 said:

Unfortunately you don't. Your mind doesn't change with the op, you have to get used what you can and can't eat (once you're fully healed). I still think about those foods that made me fat in the first place but the fear of going back to how I was prevents me for making the bad choices. It is still a constant battle to make the right choice. Your bypass is a tool to help you make the right choices.

Options is a good choice, made with water or hot milk to increase protein. Yogurt is a nice sweet treat? Or slim fast shakes for a meal, giving you a sweet fix?
I hope the cravings die off for you!! Do you feel well enough in yourself? X

Sent from my HTC Desire using WLSurgery

Yes I'm getting there but still quite sore. The injections are causing a huge problem for me as they make me feel so unwell doing them and last night I nearly passed out, but hey this is the start of my new life x

I don't regret it at all, the same as everyone else, I wish I'd done it sooner. I kept some of my favourite clothes in a suitcase under my bed that I couldn't bear to throw away and swore I would get back in to them one day. The suitcase was full it is now empty, at the weekend I tried on the dress that I wore when my daughter was christened and she is 17 next month and it fits me. I have lost nearly 5 and a half stone, I still want to lose another 5 but hopefully by May next year I will and that will be a year since surgery. I was a chocoholic but I have learned to make the right choices, don't get me wrong it's not always easy but an orange calypso ice lolly does the trick when I need something sweet. Everyone is commenting about how much weight I've lost and how good I look, I know it sounds like a clichet but nothing could taste as good as the way I feel now, and you will feel like that too and I had my op 4 months ago tomorrow, karen x

For people with sweet cravings - chocolate flavoured fat free yoghurt, low fat angel delight made with skimmed milk (use 50% more milk than recipe to make milkshake!) Toffee flavour muller light if chocolate isn't your sweet treat of choice.

Lots of things out there that can be used to beat the cravings without going off and scoffing a family sized bar of dairy milk!

Tatiana

Oh thank you tatania, I love this place :) xxx

Back