• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any September 2013 ops?

My surgery is Sept 3 in Czech Republic if I get through the battery of pre-op tests on the 2nd. Blood tests, ECG, xrays, gastroscopy, spirography, as well as the usual medical history and once over by doctors. Have history of hypertension so hoping stress doesn't sabotage me. Fingers crossed!

I am dieting at the moment, because I have a big family celebration 19th August, more than 400 miles away. Planned my surgery to allow me to do vlcd type pre-op as soon as I get back. That should shift the glycogen stores in the liver ok.

Have been thinking about surgery for so long, it almost feels surreal that the date is nearly here!

Certainly sounds like you've got it planned out hun! That's brill. Good luck for the 3rd. Keep me posted! X

I will Mazza, likewise I look forward to hearing how you get on. Suppose there will be a few more September peeps along soon, some who are going private and haven't even booked yet. I must say 5 week milk diet sounds grim. Lucky my surgeon isn't so tough, he just says low carb, low cal and a weight loss target of 5kg. That is why I'm dieting now!

Perhaps I shouldn't have posted here, just noticed you started your thread under bypass. I am going for a wrap (plication).

I know lol it's certainly going to be challenging, but I've done vlcd before and I know if I can get through to the 5th day I'll be ok. Just going to be miserable and in bed at 7pm for a few days lol!

How much have you got to lose? To be in the healthy range I need to lose 17 stone lol a massive amount I know but am focused and ready to do this x

I would like to lose about 8 stone (BMI 23.5), but would settle for getting to the high end of normal.

Five weeks does seem like an eternity on something as restrictive as a milk diet, so I get where the early nights come from. I have been miserable on previous diets when I have had to do that to deal with the hunger. Still, we are all in it for the long haul and the pre-op and early post-op are not that long in the general scheme of things.

Good luck and hope you aren't put off milk for life!

Good luck all September-ites xx

On countdown now. Half way through day 1 of 5 wks pre op and want to cry already lol
I have my gastric bypass op booked for 5th Sept..... very excited....scared....excited.....scared .....excited....just endeavouring to keep positive and focussing on this time next year. Check out the positive comments and helpful suggestions on this site, everyone is very supportive.
Good luck!!
BNW

My head was clearly fuzzy when I read your post as you clearly put gastric bypass lol. Sorry hun.
Ooh you're a few days before me then! Good luck x

On countdown now. Half way through day 1 of 5 wks pre op and want to cry already lol

Hey Mazza, keep thinking of the surgery and what your 3, 6 & 12 month target are. After my hard day yesterday i had a much better day today. But as Im not on a milk diet and pre op is only for 2 weeks I think you may have to dig deep to get through. Try and stay positive, think of the weight that you'll lose pre op (11lbs in 4 days here!) and focus on making your surgeons life as easy as possible. Those thoughts and these forums are keeping me going. Xx

Thanks Suze! I've not thought about my targets really as just assumed I'd not have much control really and just aimed to do as well as I can.
I got through yesterday which was day 1. I always used to fail on day 1 when trying to get back on Cambridge or slim and save etc. now I'm through that I feel better just getting sick of acid indigestion which is really weird considering not really eating!
Thanks for the encouragement and bloody well done on your 11lbs! Fantastic xxx

mine is at the end of this month so im due to start the pre-op on Sunday. I know the pre-op will be hard but I think id rather that than look like a house for the rest of my life! lol

I'm still waiting for a date for my by pass.......had my pre op weeks ago. I thought I would be on the losers bench by now, but alas I'm still here. Is it wrong to want it to be over and done with.

Back