• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any August 2013 Bypass Surgeries?

How are you getting on Femfrankie with your liquid diet. Have you started it now?
I started mine on Saturday, and so far almost so good. There was a little trouser accident (aawughhh) last night, but I haven't been too hungry and have so far lost 6lbs (in 2 days) Obvs if I started eating again that would go straight back on, but I've worked out that nothing solid will pass my lips until the beginning of October by which point my bypass will be well established. It's quite an empowering feeling having taken control of my intake again. I wonder how long it will last?
Please let me know how you are getting on. xx

Just made a tick chart to keep track of my pre-op diet (low carb/low fat one) which makes it easier. But those 12 days just seem to stretch out in swathes of white right now!

How are you getting on Femfrankie with your liquid diet. Have you started it now?
I started mine on Saturday, and so far almost so good. There was a little trouser accident (aawughhh) last night, but I haven't been too hungry and have so far lost 6lbs (in 2 days) Obvs if I started eating again that would go straight back on, but I've worked out that nothing solid will pass my lips until the beginning of October by which point my bypass will be well established. It's quite an empowering feeling having taken control of my intake again. I wonder how long it will last?
Please let me know how you are getting on. xx

Start on Thursday but like you I'm well aware that nothing chewable will be coming my way for a long time once I start on it.. I had my final small piece of rib eye steak yesterday with that in mind & since I am not entirely sure if steak is allowed back on the menu once I have fully healed I made sure I thoroughly enjoyed it :D

Just made a tick chart to keep track of my pre-op diet (low carb/low fat one) which makes it easier. But those 12 days just seem to stretch out in swathes of white right now!

Good idea Ormsweird. Since I don't know what my pre op is going to even consist of until I see the dietician on Wednesday I just can't plan anything :rolleyes:

Got my letter from hospital today to confirm my op for 13/8, I'm first on the list, which is great news as that's one of the bit's I was dreading, off to support meeting on Friday to find out about what to pack and any other info I might need, hope your all doing well.

Another letter arrived today saying I've got a zinc deficiency and to get In touch with my Dr to get a prescription, which is fine the bit I was concerned about was they got my dr name wrong I.e they sent it to another dr at the same health centre just a different practice, I rang and told them the mistake, I'm just a bit worried now, I know it's just because it's getting closer and I'm probably just being a worry wart. Hope your all well x

Hey FemFrankie, glad to hear you enjoyed your Rib Eye!
I'm just getting through day 5 now, only 9 more to go and then Surgery! Huzzah.
How are you feeling about tomorrow? xx

Hey FemFrankie, glad to hear you enjoyed your Rib Eye!
I'm just getting through day 5 now, only 9 more to go and then Surgery! Huzzah.
How are you feeling about tomorrow? xx

Hi dizzarella Just back from dietician and got my preop diet sheet... I'm actually quite relieved because all in all it doesn't look too bad at all. As well as the usual milk and yoghurt I'm also allowed a certain amount of fruit juices, ice cream, jelly and certain soups..oh and bovril not exceeding 800 cals a day. I'm even allowed my nightly ovaltine! Went to Asda straight afterwards to stock up so I'm all prepared :)... Got a real case of colly wobbles though as I realise that I've only got two weeks now ...:eek:

My op is August 6 so soon I wish you all luck in your WLS and your WL journeys!!?

Hi drod78 you must be super excited as it gets closer, how you doing on the pre-op ?

If you don't mind me asking where are you having your op @

Hi dizzarella Just back from dietician and got my preop diet sheet... I'm actually quite relieved because all in all it doesn't look too bad at all. As well as the usual milk and yoghurt I'm also allowed a certain amount of fruit juices, ice cream, jelly and certain soups..oh and bovril not exceeding 800 cals a day. I'm even allowed my nightly ovaltine! Went to Asda straight afterwards to stock up so I'm all prepared :)... Got a real case of colly wobbles though as I realise that I've only got two weeks now ...:eek:
told you so ;)

told you so ;)

You did too lol....I am actually looking forward to doing the pre op especially after Tuesday when the balloon comes out and there is no more reflux! Now here we are into August & I'm both excited & oh heck & blimey!

You did too lol....I am actually looking forward to doing the pre op especially after Tuesday when the balloon comes out and there is no more reflux! Now here we are into August & I'm both excited & oh heck & blimey!

Very normal hon :) I went into full on nesting mode at this point and tidied everything.

Very normal hon :) I went into full on nesting mode at this point and tidied everything.

OMG :rotflmao:
I have started that too! Wonder how many of us do this

August is here guys! GOOD LUCK xx

Good luck to all Aug folks xx

Back