• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any August 2013 Bypass Surgeries?

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Any one else out there who are booked in for their surgery in August 2013?

I'm on the 15th. Starting pre op a week today :) ... Not sure what diet yet as i will only find out next Wednesday .. Feel I have been flung in the deep end which for me is ideal lol

Bring that loser bench on!!

I had mine already, but just want to wish you the best of luck, and I'm sure you'll be fine. X

I've had my pre-op. Meeting with the Cardiologist and the Anaesthetist. But still no date. I'm hoping for August but I'm not holding my breath. It would be nice to have a buddy to share the journey with and talk to through the highs and the lows.

Good luck all August ops xx

Strawberry you never know ;) I will keep fingers crossed for you x

Thanks Innes, Sue and Julie :D x

Strawberry were is your op being done?

Good Luck! I have my surgery on the 10th August, so starting my milk diet tomorrow and feeling rather tearful/terrified about it.
xxx

Good Luck! I have my surgery on the 10th August, so starting my milk diet tomorrow and feeling rather tearful/terrified about it.
xxx

Dizzarella I am exactly the same. Overjoyed at the prospect but terrified of the procedure!? The pre op diet is terrifying me to be honest as well. I keep telling myself its only two weeks but I know it'll be hard.

Good luck hun x

Good Luck Ormsweird. Are you starting your pre-op diet tomorrow too.
I have so many things going on in my head, I feel a complete wreck before I have even opened to sugar free crusha!

FemFrankie: I'll let you know how I get on. Good luck to you. We just have to keep our eyes on the prize. x

I've not had anything through about my pre-op diet yet which is a bit puzzling. Either way going to start the low carb/low fat one on Sunday if nothing has appeared in the post tomorrow.

I've not had anything through about my pre-op diet yet which is a bit puzzling. Either way going to start the low carb/low fat one on Sunday if nothing has appeared in the post tomorrow.

Congrats Ormsweird :) I've not got mine either and only got my op date yesterday. I have an appointment with the dietician for next Wednesday and expected to start pre op the following day. So not much time to contemplate it. I was told it will be a liquid diet though.

But by god the wait is a hard one! I can stare at my calender all I want and know that it's a week on Friday that I go in. But it feels like months away right now!

The pre-op is going okay, started yesterday despite having had no notification to do so, but figured the sooner the better. I'm debating going to put some of my hospital bag together now, just to do something positive!

I know what you mean and I think i'll feel a little less impatient, psychologically, when August finally does arrive.

I know what you mean and I think i'll feel a little less impatient, psychologically, when August finally does arrive.

This happened to me - felt like I had months to wait. Then suddenly it was two weeks and I was working until two days before my op and I'd run out of time. You will be fine.

Back