• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any WL Surgery regrets ??

Clare*

Hello ,

I have heard soooo many positive things about weight loss surgery , i have been overwhelmed by the stories of success. I just wondered if anyone has any regrets or wishes they had done something differently ? I feel that us 'pre opper's' could really benefit from your experiences.

Thank you so much
Clare xx​

Hell no!only that I didnt do it sooner!Maz x

ihad regrets but only for the first week after my bypass once the pain went so did the regrets x

I had regrets and so did the lady who I had surgery with. I think I felt really down because I was having regrets. But these thoughts have now lifted. I thought I would mention this because I was shocked I was doubting my decision and was not expecting that!!! I really think it is normal after all it is such a massive change to ones life.

I had regrets the first week wondering what I had done to myself and why could I have not dieted and exercised. Even with all the hassle with my stricture. I don't regret it now especially as instead of shopping for a 22 or 24 which would be tight I am now looking for a strapless dress in 16 to wear to my friends wedding in May! Xx

Its a no brainer,the first week most will say what the hell have I done,then the next couple of weeks its twinges and fed up eating slop.After you start eating solids and the swelling in your pouch has gone down you start to fly and really enjoy life again!Two months out you will have bags of energy and looking forward to a new slim life!

My only regret is that I allowed myself to get so fat in the first place. I wish I'd known about the op years ago so my children could have benefitted from the fitter me at an earlier stage.

regrets the first 2 weeks i did as i had a couple of probs with the meds i was on for my BP levels which before my op were very high, had dropped very low after my op, and the docs didnt take me off my meds straight away and my BP levels dropped dangerously lowto the extent that i was collapsing as soon i stood up.
This was soon sorted when i was told to stop my BP meds with in 24 hours i felt great.
My only other regret as the others was not having the op sooner and wasting so much of my life.

I think my regret lasted about 20 seconds and tbh i can't even remember it now. I do remember wishing i'd had it earlier like Maz and the others...

Your life changes so dramatically for the better. This October will be my second wedding anniversary and my husband looking at one of my photos on facebook told me: what happened to that woman? I am a different person who is only just over half way to the losses that i want... I am already living the dream with my family :)

best decision i ever made been fat and unhappy for 20 years now i feel as though i have a new life, ok the pain the first few days not good but u soon forget about that. when i went down to theatre i was so calm and would do it all again tomorrow. good luck hun xx:)

My only regret was getting so big that it's ruined my skin forever and I now have skin on my arms that looks 10 years older. If it wasn't for that I could forget the shame of being so overweight but I'm sitting in my garden in a size 10 bikini so I'm happy for what I have!

I regret the whole thing. I wake up and go to bed most everyday saying "I could ofbeen a fat girl the rest of my life." I tell everyone NOT to get it.

allstarcheer921 I am pre op and would be really like to know why you regret it? We hear lots of great stories on here but the downside is important too. Hope you can share x

Back