• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is their anyone else who is waiting for WLS at Walsall Manor?

tesmaralda

hi,im from stoke?am still a bit confused if i have funding or not?gp referred late nov 08,1st appt to see dr hartland and anna 8th jan 09,recieved letter sat 7th feb 09 saying on the 18 wk waiting list??any help or suggestions.cheers guys

If you've been added to the waiting list it normally means you have got funding.

Sambucca

hi,im from stoke?am still a bit confused if i have funding or not?gp referred late nov 08,1st appt to see dr hartland and anna 8th jan 09,recieved letter sat 7th feb 09 saying on the 18 wk waiting list??any help or suggestions.cheers guys

Hi VSG, as Terri said above, if you are on the waiting list your funding must now be in place. Did the letter give you details of your next two appointments? If not, you will prob receive a letter like that in the next couple of days.

Your post gives me some reassurance as I went to hospital just a week later than you

emalbon

Hi

Im also from Stoke, just to let you know that I got a letter from the Primary Health Care trust to let me know that the funding had been made available, but as others said if you have been told 18 weeks then Im sure it must be ok. Just to give you an idea of how timescales have been for me, I got refered in August, got my first appointment I think in Nov, got a letter from the trust in Dec & I have my two pre-op appointments 9th & 10th of March.
Hopefully not too long after that I will have my op. Fingers crossed.

emalbon

Teen - I live in Longton.

tesmaralda, my appointment is 2.15pm so may see you there, I will wear a flower in my pocket lol.

Funny really my appointment was originally the 31st of March but after I informed them that I will be on holiday in May I received a letter to say my appointment had been moved forward. I am just wondering if they may be getting me sorted before my holiday but I don't want to get my hopes up. It;s a bit of a pain travelling down to Walsall 2 days in a row but I can't complain, luckily my work are really supportive and allow me the time off.

emalbon

Hi again, that would be good.

Sorry to back a bit on the thread, is it right you have gallstones too?

I had gallstones and nearly died of Pancreatitis 2 years ago, I spent 2 weeks in Special care and had to have 3 months off work. I just wanted you to know that I know how it feels, the pain is like no other when I used to have attacks I used to think I was having heart attacks.

As I was so ill they had to do an emergency removal of my gallbladder and it was so amazing afterwards, I can't explain how much better it makes you feel after suffering for so long. Try not to worry about this part of the op.

emalbon

Oh yes, I must not have looked at it properley the first time as I thought it said Burton. You are doing amazing with your weight loss, did you really only have your op in Jan? Do you mind me asking how you are finding it? Do you settle into your new diet?

teen

post op loser
Hi yes I had my op on 2nd Jan 09. I aint doing to bad Trying soft food now, but I am finding it hard. I have my breakfast and some dinner but when it comes to my evening meal I dont do to good I feel full after 2 spoons so some days I dont bother and I have a yogurt, cheese baby bel and a protein drink. Its strange to not feel hungry but you think I best have something eat where as before food was all I thought about lol :eatdrink051:

Can I ask is your second name Melbon and are you related to THE Malbons?

emalbon

Hi, my surname is Malbon but I am not related to the Meir Malbon's, there are only a few of us and I married into the family.

God that really is a small amount of food I can't imagine what it must be like, suppose I will find out soon enough.