• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie on road to surgery 1st appointment at walsall manor hospital

Jadeybabey44

Hi all. My gp referred me to walsall manor for weightloss surgery. My bmi is 56 and have a few back problems. My first appointment cane through for 23rd Jan 18. Can anybody give me a heads up as to what i can expect. Thanks xx

Hi all. My gp referred me to walsall manor for weightloss surgery. My bmi is 56 and have a few back problems. My first appointment cane through for 23rd Jan 18. Can anybody give me a heads up as to what i can expect. Thanks xx

Hello jade, I'm at Walsall too. What would you like to know. I will try to answer any questions you may have xx

Welcome and good luck x

Hey warleygirl. Id just like to know really from your first appointment how long roughly till surgery. Have you had a procedure done there x

Thank you xx

Hi Jade, my first appointment was the end of March 2017. I had seen 4 different people on that morning. Consultant, nurse, dietitian etc. They just do your weight, height, bloods. The nurse and consultant talk about the different surgeries you can have. Also you have to lose a stone or more and keep it off. I had to do a sleep study, and have a barium meal. This was throughout last year. Had a 2hr seminar in December, which was interesting. Had my pre op a few weeks ago now, so just waiting on a date. But they won't give me any idea how long I may have to weight. Fingers crossed it's not to long xx

Hi Jade, my first appointment was the end of March 2017. I had seen 4 different people on that morning. Consultant, nurse, dietitian etc. They just do your weight, height, bloods. The nurse and consultant talk about the different surgeries you can have. Also you have to lose a stone or more and keep it off. I had to do a sleep study, and have a barium meal. This was throughout last year. Had a 2hr seminar in December, which was interesting. Had my pre op a few weeks ago now, so just waiting on a date. But they won't give me any idea how long I may have to weight. Fingers crossed it's not to long xx

Back