• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is their anyone else who is waiting for WLS at Walsall Manor?

your telling me i saw my gp beging of sept and wasn't put on list til 23 dec. but i suppose every pct and case is different

I saw hospital in mid-November and found out today they haven't even sent a funding application yet although everyone else there on the same day has had their application sent off to the PCTs. They don't know why mine hasn't been done!!! Tut Tut!

10 and 2yrs they fight like cat and dog but they love each other to pieces the 2yrs is more like a 10yr old going round and the 10yr like a 20 yr old lol. Had a bit of a thing with my 10 yr old earlier, she flung her arms round me and said she didn't want me to change. We've all bin careful about whats been said in front of her so I was a bit shocked when she said why do you have to have it wot if you die wots gonna happen and you are fine as you are!!! So had a bit of a frank talk with her. Told her wot the dr said that i have more chance of being killed in a car crash than on the table. She still quiet and now I'm feeling guilty, cause she said she don't care if i don't take her swimming or to the park she loves me as I am.

10 and 2yrs they fight like cat and dog but they love each other to pieces the 2yrs is more like a 10yr old going round and the 10yr like a 20 yr old lol. Had a bit of a thing with my 10 yr old earlier, she flung her arms round me and said she didn't want me to change. We've all bin careful about whats been said in front of her so I was a bit shocked when she said why do you have to have it wot if you die wots gonna happen and you are fine as you are!!! So had a bit of a frank talk with her. Told her wot the dr said that i have more chance of being killed in a car crash than on the table. She still quiet and now I'm feeling guilty, cause she said she don't care if i don't take her swimming or to the park she loves me as I am.

((hugs))

Its really hard to know what to say to the kids isnt it. At 10 Im sure she is old enough to understand that you need to lose weight so that your back doesnt hurt and that you are constantly in pain at the weight you are so you are doing it to give yourself a better quality of life.

Perhaps if she knows its not for vanity reasons, for example that you want to take her swimming and cant because it would hurt you too much, not that you cant because you dont want anyone to see you...

And her dad had an operation to remove his gall bladder - he's still alive! tell her its only the same sort of thing but when you have your gall bladder out they are going to change your stomach so its easier for you to lose weight.

bit of a ramble there but I think you know what I mean.

thanks chick, it just threw me a bit thats all.

totally know what you mean. You think you know how your kids are feeling or coping or whatever and then occasionally they blurt something out which really surprises you. Ive got exactly the same issues with Charlotte at the mo

Spot on, Sam. It won't let me rep you! Harrumph!

As a spot on mom, Terri, of course this threw you. We know how much we love our children, but sometimes it throws us when we are reminded how much they love us.

Your girls love you and they have probably only ever known you the way you are now. That's their comfort blanket and maybe there's the fear that as mommy gets smaller, she will not be the same mommy to them. But as Sam says, if you explain how much more fun you'll be able to have with them, it may help her see it in a more positive light. And besides, you'll be less grumpy :p

Do you have any photos of when you were, ahem, smaller? Maybe show her them and tell her the things you used to be able to do then (keeping it clean, of course!). :D

I know exactly how u feel.my mom showed my eldest daughter who's 6 a picture of me when I was a size 12 and she asked if she knew who was in the picture and my daughter didn't have a clue.I was embarrassed that I let myself go to the point where my daughter don't recognize me but it won't be long now Terri and her worries will be over and she has a much happier mom

When my daughter visited me she burst out crying and ran of the ward She is 16. When I asked what was up she said she hated to see me in pain My little duck

will be hard not seeing the kids, but then as you say, you are doing it for them anyway. Also, probably best if they dont see you in any pain.

will be hard not seeing the kids, but then as you say, you are doing it for them anyway. Also, probably best if they dont see you in any pain.

It's a personal choice, but yep, I'm in the 'keep the kids away' camp. My daughters came to see me after my last op and were very upset to see tubes etc. coming from me. I was also upset that I couldn't cuddle them.

I have asked that they don't come this time (mine are 15 & 13). I will miss them like hell, but intend talking to them every day and taking their photos in. The youngest said she will make a short daily video on her mobile and send it into the hospital with my OH.

crikey that was fast Teen. I believe Stoke doesn't refer anyone unless they will agree the funding.
hi,im from stoke?am still a bit confused if i have funding or not?gp referred late nov 08,1st appt to see dr hartland and anna 8th jan 09,recieved letter sat 7th feb 09 saying on the 18 wk waiting list??any help or suggestions.cheers guys

Back