• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone doing milk diet to loose 5%?

louisaL

looking to make a change!
It is 5% isn't ? I can't remember

L&D people might be able to help as this is my hospital and i'm just trying to work out how much i'll need to loose.

I'm around 29st so think it's 1st 4lbs i'll need to loose on the milk diet but not sure.

Yvessa

Yes its 5%. Many people find they lose more than that :)

louisaL

Thanks hun,

I had to do it all through March last year and they had to give me an extra 2 weeks to loose the 3lbs remaining but I just couldn't do it and gave up hence why I'm trying again! (Anyone would think I didnt want it! Just obv wasn't the right frame of mind!)

I just couldn't remember how much it was to loose but know I had to go down from 28st 6lbs to 27st 1lb which is more than 5% so got confused

Yvessa

They go by kg not lbs but I make your 5% 21lbs which puts it at 1 stone and 7 lbs. I lost 13kg during the milk diet approx 26lbs. You won't want it but make sure you drink lots of water/tea/coffee as well as your milk - I found that otherwise I stalled!

lyndajoan

hi hunny your must be differant then mine when i went to weight management i had to loose 5% which i did. But i have my surgery this comming tue and i am on the liver shriking diet myself but havent been told i need to loose 5% while doing this. I have lost some weight bt thats just because of the diet.

Yvessa

Lynda, me and Louisa are at the Luton and Dunstable hospital. Instead of wm they ask us to do the milk diet for 4 weeks so that we have a 5% loss. We then have to maintain that loss until our surgery. We go on a 2 week milk diet again before our operation.

Yvessa

In hindsight I'm not sure it is. I found the milk diet easier to stick to than any other diet. In a way you couldn't kid yourself if you cheated and so I never cheated. I lost 7% and it made me realise that if I could do that for a month without cheating then yes the bypass was my only hope and yes I wanted it.

lyndajoan

I can see where you are comming from yve but do you have to take a lot of supplements with doing the milk diet for so long?.

Yvessa

I just took a a-z multivit from asda once a day. I felt amazing while I was on it as well (once I'd figured out I was lactose intolerant and switched to lactose free milk!)

louisaL

Thanks guys.

I know not all hospitals do it Lynda as a lady I met on here last year didnt have to either but I'm sure I heard it on the radio the other week that it is becoming normal for everyone if their over a bmi of something or other.

Well done for doing it with ease Yvessa after 4 weeks I was ready to kill someone last year lol and then to be told I was 3 lbs out was devastating

lyndajoan

aww a 3Ib out never mind you will be fine this time around. And yes well done yve for doing so well still, great weightloss.

Yvessa

I have to be honest - I was whinging the whole time I did it to my other half, but I was able to stick to it. So in that sense it was easier. But I can't bear jelly anymore! Or Crusha for that matter.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you Louisa and feel free to pm me if you need someone to whinge at :)

Tray3004

Good luck hun I'm sure u will do great ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

louisaL

thank you so much! I was stupid to stop for 3lbs but never mind nothing I can do about it now other than move forward!

Yvessa whats the wait time from meeting surgeon to surgery date at the moment? do you know?

louisaL

oo and just noticed your having your surgery on my bday :)

Yvessa

I met the surgeon on December 6th! so wait time for me is 5 mnths :(

It is starting to feel a lot closer now - am both nervous and excited. Just trying to get my BMI below 60 for the op but have struggled over the half term week.

louisaL

ouch! Are they short staffed or something?

When i started my milk diet last yr a lady on here went for her appt with the surgeon at that was in March and her op was in May.

Another thing i'm confused about (doesn't take much)... to get a bmi of 60 i need to loose 2.5st will i need to before they will do the op?

Yvessa

No, once you lose your 5% they only ask for maintenance. I have chosen to try and get down to a BMI of below 60 to improve my chances of a safe op as a personal goal because the weight is coming off at the moment. I have so far managed to lose almost 3 stone (am 1 lb off - frustrating!!) so am hopeful that I can get that bit further.

I don't know if they are short staffed, but they seem to have a very high demand. Most people I know are looking a few months from surgeon to surgery. Also bypass is becoming more popular now.

lyzzyanne

Happy shrinking bypasser!
Hi I am and Luton as well and I weigh in on Monday for my 5% after the month on milk. Things got really bad for me with constipation that I had to go to the gp and include some grapefruit on alternate days to allow me to go to the loo. So although I haven't followed to the letter over the past week I am hopeful that I will have done it.

My 5% is 17 lbs !!