• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone else from Bradford?

I'm near Greengates :) I've got funding, seen consultant last week (well the nurse who asks about ten million questions) and done the apnea test. I see the dietician at St Luke's on the 3rd July so it is all moving along nicely, though this is my second try after they lost my referral about three years ago! My Mum had the op about two years ago, was size 34, now size 16! My Sister went au natural, did Celeb Slim and went size 32 to size 10!

Lawstudent said:
I'm near Greengates :) I've got funding, seen consultant last week (well the nurse who asks about ten million questions) and done the apnea test. I see the dietician at St Luke's on the 3rd July so it is all moving along nicely, though this is my second try after they lost my referral about three years ago! My Mum had the op about two years ago, was size 34, now size 16! My Sister went au natural, did Celeb Slim and went size 32 to size 10!

I'm seeing the dietician at st Luke's on the 4 of July I think it is I've had my sleep apnea test so after seeing her I see the surgeon again where you having the opp done at?im Nicola by the way I'm from Keighley :) xxx

ur not that far from me lol oh what a bummer losing ur referal, glad ur on the road to a newer u again though xx

treaclenic said:
I'm seeing the dietician at st Luke's on the 4 of July I think it is I've had my sleep apnea test so after seeing her I see the surgeon again where you having the opp done at?im Nicola by the way I'm from Keighley :) xxx

I would have preferred to have it done at the BUPA place near Cottingley but they've told me I now have to have it done at BRI. I was disappointed, I don't like BRI at all but I've done a bit of research and it seems it is the best place, and after all it isn't exactly month's in there! I guess it is a small price to pay. I still feel a little distant from it, I think that is my defence mechanism in case it doesn't happen! I wonder if that's normal lol!

Lawstudent said:

Wow! They did well..... Would make a good story when you've had your op bet you end up losing loads between you all!! I'm in Bingley, I have an apt with the surgeon on the 27th of June, seems to have happened quick, only spoke to my GP on the 24th of April. So fingers crossed this time next year I'll be on the way to a new me. Nice to see you on line. Becky x x

I almost cried at the thought of BRI!! but by all accounts the bariatrics side is very well respected. Anyway it is tough now as I'm going there no matter what lol!!

Yes, quite a tale to tell! My sister has done amazingly well, she looks incredible! Everything sprang back into place as she's only 36 but my Mum at over 60 wasn't do lucky.

No it's very well respected! You might get a chance of the Yorkshire clinic..... I am going to ask, seemingly the waiting lists are shorter as THEY have to meet the guidelines of 18 weeks wait. Not sure how true that is but well worth a go!! I can't imagine been a 16 let alone a 10!! Think I would be over the moon at a comfy 18! X

Libertine79 said:
No it's very well respected! You might get a chance of the Yorkshire clinic..... I am going to ask, seemingly the waiting lists are shorter as THEY have to meet the guidelines of 18 weeks wait. Not sure how true that is but well worth a go!! I can't imagine been a 16 let alone a 10!! Think I would be over the moon at a comfy 18! X

Me too!!!! My sister at size ten looks like a completely different person. She worked very hard. So she's a size ten and now thinks her ears are too big lol!! But having seen my Mum's journey, I know that surgery is not an easy option or route, not at all. She had some tough times for the first six months but now things are fine. The NHS no longer fund tummy tucks where she lives which is tough.

Aw I know it Wong be easy this site provides a lot of insight into people's struggles but I see as been given a tool to sustain work you do, I've always been able to lose 3 , 4 stone but always put it back on. The psychological and physical effect of knowing you can't eat more will hopefully be the incentive for me to change my horrible and quite frankly life threatening habits. X

Libertine79 said:
Aw I know it Wong be easy this site provides a lot of insight into people's struggles but I see as been given a tool to sustain work you do, I've always been able to lose 3 , 4 stone but always put it back on. The psychological and physical effect of knowing you can't eat more will hopefully be the incentive for me to change my horrible and quite frankly life threatening habits. X

My Mum eats anything she wants, just much less of it! I know if I don't have this done I will get bigger and bigger and lose valuable years off my life. That is all I'm interested in. Though it will be nice to not have to wear tents in summer!!

My best mates hubby had his bypass done at bri last year in oct 2011 he was 25 stone n today he is half that man, he's a size 32 or 34 waist n doesn't have any skin excess at all x

twinkle toes said:
My best mates hubby had his bypass done at bri last year in oct 2011 he was 25 stone n today he is half that man, he's a size 32 or 34 waist n doesn't have any skin excess at all x

Wow!!! I think if you're younger it makes a big difference. I'm 34 so hoping it isn't too bad!

Actually I don't care if it is! I don't think any trusts are funding tummy tucks anymore, they won't do my Mum's. There's always Thailand lol!!

He's two years older than us as I'm 34 too, the only thing I'm dreading if I get there is the saggy belly as ive had a C-section, best ger on wit sit ups ain't I lol x

twinkle toes said:
He's two years older than us as I'm 34 too, the only thing I'm dreading if I get there is the saggy belly as ive had a C-section, best ger on wit sit ups ain't I lol x

Well my sister has a little bit of wobble but it isn't too bad!! But she lost slowly, I think that makes a difference also. If I am saggy I will still be thrilled to just be healthier and happier and I will work hard and pay for tummy tuck if needs be (and I win lottery haha)

My fella is devasted at the boobies going at min there a 36G so he's saving up for the future boobie job lol (in his dreams) lol xx

twinkle toes said:
My fella is devasted at the boobies going at min there a 36G so he's saving up for the future boobie job lol (in his dreams) lol xx

Well I'm only a C cup now so imagine what I will be left with hahaha!!!

Back