• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone else from Bradford?

Its 6pm at manningham mills on wednesday 25 april. the entrance is on the main road so easy to get to. its a pound entry to go towards running the group but u get free tea / coffee.

I'm going to come. I'm a bit shy of new groups but i will be there xx

I really want to go to one of the meetings, I am just scares of getting home. Bradford has an amazing reputation for bariatric surgery. Mr May the lead surgeon is amazing. My port holes have healed up nicely. The only thing I hate about having had gastric bypass is the Forceval vitamin tablet. It's really hard to stomach as it is huge.

I'm definately going to go which bit of bradford are you from? Maybe we could get the bus into the interchange together? Then at least we won't be on our own at the bus stop x

I'm from Keighley just got my letter of approval I have been given 5 hospitals to choose from just can't seem to decided which hospital I would like to go to and have till next week to decide thanks for reading and I'm Nicola 28 from Keighley :) xx

Hi Nicola I'm ashlie I'm 26 I live in Bingley I'm 8 weeks post op , congrats on your approval if you wanna meet up or anything just ask are you on Facebook ? What are your choices of hospitals xxx

ashlie1985 said:
Hi Nicola I'm ashlie I'm 26 I live in Bingley I'm 8 weeks post op , congrats on your approval if you wanna meet up or anything just ask are you on Facebook ? What are your choices of hospitals xxx

Hiya Ashlie yes I am on Facebook my full name is Nicola Fearnley-Sykes it's nice to talk to ppl living near thanks for the reply :) x

Hiya. My friend just had her knee done at the yorkshire clinic. Is that on your list? If it is she said it was lovely and a lot of people from here told me thats its really good therefor wls. How many weeks did it take for your decision to come through?xx

I forgot to ask which hospitals did you get to choose from xx

yviec1972 said:
Hiya. My friend just had her knee done at the yorkshire clinic. Is that on your list? If it is she said it was lovely and a lot of people from here told me thats its really good therefor wls. How many weeks did it take for your decision to come through?xx

Have got a letter today off my doctor after he referred me for bariatric surgery it's says
On behalf of NHS Bradford and Airedale, I am pleased to confirm that your recent request for bariatric surgery for your patient has been approved. This can be undertaken at a range of providers at your patients choice:
BRI
Leeds teaching hospital
Calderdale and Huddersfield hos
Spire Leeds hospital
Mid Yorkshire hospital
Please refer your patient to the general surgery team
This is the letter I got and ppl on here said it seems like I got the go ahead?
My gp put referral in about the middle of march and they sent the letter bk to my gp on the 13th April I was told to allow til may June didn think it would come bk this quick :) xx

Wow I wonder if you were fast tracked because of your knee. Would they tell you which would be the shortest list. But saying that bradford has got a really good reputation. For me it will come down to distance for family to visits xxx

yviec1972 said:
Wow I wonder if you were fast tracked because of your knee. Would they tell you which would be the shortest list. But saying that bradford has got a really good reputation. For me it will come down to distance for family to visits xxx

Well I do need to have this done so I can have my knee opp my surgery wrote a supporting letter so I'm wondering if that hurried it along?have you had a surgery or are you waiting?where is it you live?i take it this letter is saying I am Defo having it?sorry for all questions lol I just want to go to the hospital with the best care and success rate and obviously I would live my wife to be able to visit too xx

I've been referred and am waiting for the ok. I meet the criteria but won't settle till i get my letter. I'm a greengates but originally from Leeds so bri or jimmys are probably as easy to get to as each.other but I don't know where you get the info on sucess rates, type of surgery and that type of thing it can make you dizzy. I'm going to this support group at manningham mills next Wednesday to see if I can get more facts xx

yviec1972 said:
I've been referred and am waiting for the ok. I meet the criteria but won't settle till i get my letter. I'm a greengates but originally from Leeds so bri or jimmys are probably as easy to get to as each.other but I don't know where you get the info on sucess rates, type of surgery and that type of thing it can make you dizzy. I'm going to this support group at manningham mills next Wednesday to see if I can get more facts xx

When was your referral sent?which surgery you going for?on here has helped me just can't decide which hospital to go to lol why does it seem so hard or is that just me?x

my doctor suggested it a couple of months ago but it took me a few weeks of research before i said yes its been a couple of weeks but i wasnt expecting a reply for a couple of months i hope i find out as quickly as you did. as for info im heading for the support group:D:D

yviec1972 said:
my doctor suggested it a couple of months ago but it took me a few weeks of research before i said yes its been a couple of weeks but i wasnt expecting a reply for a couple of months i hope i find out as quickly as you did. as for info im heading for the support group:D:D

Yeah I might see if I can make it can anyone go?xx

yep thats what they told me. i dont know if a sleeve or a bypass would be best so i'm off to check it out.

yviec1972 said:
yep thats what they told me. i dont know if a sleeve or a bypass would be best so i'm off to check it out.

I want bypass but think I'm going to go for a sleeve but going to see what they say when I go :) xx

i know what you mean, a few years ago i had agoraphobia and new crowds still worry me but i will be going for the first time too if you want a chat and a cuppa xxx

Back