• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone else going to Spire tomorrow(Wednesday)for 6 week post-op check-up

POPPET

Sunny Horizons
:wave_cry:Hi all:wave_cry:

Sorry I've not been on supporting anyone since last Wednesday - had a dodgy laptop screen & the mother of all colds - but I shall have a good look at what I've missed tonight & hope everyone is doing well:)

On Wednesday (5pm) I go to the Spire For a 30 second consultation with Mr Ammori :eek: & also get to see the dietician/nurse
Thanks to Karen I shall be asking if they intend to charge me before I let them inject me with B12-
although i've been so tired for the last 3 weeks it would be worth paying if it gives me some energy!

I shall report back with my post-op & total weight loss but if anyone can think of any questions for me to ask please let me know

Last edited:
Hope you are feeling better now and good luck for your appointment. I didnt see Mr A. just the bariatric nurses and the dietician. It was pretty informal and I was in and out in about an hour :D XX

Good Luck love xx

-just wondering if anyone else from the forum will be at the spire for post-op check tomorrow????

Good luck for tomorrow. I also had the b12 the same day as Karen but ive not had a bill for it (yet).

Well I never did get an explanation from Louisa (Mr Ammori's secretary) re that bill. She sent an email on the 4th November saying she would investigate it and get back to me. Nothing :mad:

Maybe it went to the same cyber black hole that my email from Jennie, the dietician, went. She sent an email that went missing too :rolleyes:

Poppet - are you sure you are seeing Jennie, the dietician? Charmain and I were told she is fully booked up for months and couldn't see us. We were also not supposed to be seeing the bariatric nurse until February but only saw her because of the injection.

Hi Julie, I know that I had Mr Li so things might be a bit different. I had my appointment last week and saw Jennie, Kath and the new nurse. Mr Li had cancelled. I was given the B12 injection and told that they would write to my GP to ask him to give me an injection every 3 months. As my surgery was on the NHS I'm not expecting a bill.

Jennie asked how I had been getting on with the diet and warned me about doing too much due to the lack of calories/energy from food. She wanted to know what I ate on an average day and checked that my fluid intake was alright. She also checked that I was taking my supplements.

Kath weighed me and was pleased with my loss so far. Asked how my wounds were etc. She also wanted to know which of my health issues had improved since the op and if it had made any changes to me with regards activities etc. Kath also warned me about doing too much but was very pleased with my progress, optimism etc so far.

Will you be going to the support group next week Julie. I'm hoping to be there. I don't think M will make it as he is very busy at work.

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

love

Rebirthxx

No offence to you Rebirth, truly. But your post got me so angry :mad:

Charmaine and I both paid nigh on £10k for our op and aftercare at the Spire and we have never been given another appointment to see Jennie, she didn't even ring me 2 weeks after op as she was supposed to. All we have with her is email.

And we don't have appointments with Kath until February because she is booked up.

They seem to be pulling out the stops for the NHS patients and leaving us private patients to get on with it.

Please, as said, don't take this against yourself Rebirth, it just really annoys me that they can treat patients differently :mad:

Hi....

Hi Julie,

It's Jules, I'm there today would you believe it but I'm afaid my appointments at 3.00 so hopefully I'll be done and dusted before you arrive but if not I'll look out for someone else called Julie! Hope all goes well xx

Hi Karen, No offence taken but I am upset that you feel that way. It seems that those of you with appointment problems have been with Mr Ammori, I had my surgery under Mr Li and know that his clinic day is a different day to Mr Ammori. Although Mr Ammori was my choice for a surgeon I was unable to have him and was told that as NHS I would be allocated the surgeon they felt appropriate, this was despite the PCT asking for my preferance. My appointments were sent out to me within 2wks of having my surgery. Have you phoned Jennie to find out why she hasn't contacted you. I have to admit I'd hate to do it by email.

When I had my initial appointment I felt that I was being penalised for having my op on the NHS, espesially as I felt I was treated in a prejudicial way. I chose the Spire as the waiting list was shorter than Salford. That was over a year ago. It took a year before I actually got my op, long story.

Do you go to the support group? I'm hoping to go next Wednesday, it might be worth you coming along as Jennie is usually there.

Hope you get an appointment soon.

love

Rebirthxx

Hi
Just wanted to say that I went privately with Dr Ammouri and have had a great service from the Spire.
No problem getting appointments.
At my first post op my bloods were taken and a week later I got a letter saying that I needed B12 jags and should see my GP. He received a letter telling him when I needed the jags, so obviously I did not pay for them.
I have only paid the original £9995 for the bypass, nothing else.
Dont know what to suggest, Karen! Seems like somehow you have slipped between the cracks so to speak!

That will be because shes so slim now ;) Maybe you should have a word Karen it does seem like you are being missed out somehow :D XX

Oh Jennie does respond to my emails - eventually.

I can't be bothered to complain to be honest - I don't really have any problems as such but if I did, believe me, they would know my name. I'm just miffed that they were so nice and so eager when I was handing over the dosh and now? Well there you go :rolleyes:

Back