• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone gained weight in a week when they 6 months + after a gastric bypass?

lottietat

I am coming upto 8 months post bypass and I gained 1.6lbs a couple of weeks before Christmas which I wasn't too worried about as I had been out for lots of meals and drunk alcohol a couple of times.
Since New year, I started counting calories and tried to be better on my diet, but this week I have suddenly put on 2lbs!!!!
I seem to be able to eat a bit more than usual and am hungry more
Anybody else witnessed weeks of gaining or maintaining when they are months on after the bypass?
Help!!!

Hi there,

I have not had the bypass, but it is not uncommon with any weight loss method to gain back a few pounds now and then. Maybe as you ate a little more over the holiday period you have slightly stretched the pouch.

Maybe go back to liquids/mushy for a couple of day and then back to normal after that. I have heard that can work.

If not, it might be time to step up the excercise to break through the plateaux.

I am sure you will get back on track soon, so try not to worry...:) Your ticker shows an amazing weightloss so far!!!

Thanks Cazbany. I think you are right. I was just hoping for some reassurance from others that a gain every now and then is normal!!!

Hi hun, i am 7 months post bypass and notice some weeks i can put on up to 2lbs alot of it is dependant on my monthly cycle. i have read on other posts that some people can gain weight post bypass but i am not sure how common this is.

are you still under hospital care?? if so it might be worth asking them. let me know how you get on x

I gained weight when I was about 2 months out & had a panic! It does depend on your monthly cycle & also toilet habits (Not to go into too much details but I suffer constipation & when I have 'been' I can lose 4lbs at a time!)

Don't worry what goes on usually comes off again I think!

Back