• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone had dr el hasani as their surgeon?

Thankyou Lisa, i just had all sorts of things going through my head of what might happen, but thats made me at ease now. Im scared of seeing my GP, so all this is way out of my comfort zone, but i know its needs to be done. :)

Honestly mark please try not to worry, they are so lovely at the hospital and really do make you feel at ease. Just try and think that the sooner this is done the sooner it will all be over and it will soon be you on here giving people advice and telling everyone how much weight YOU'VE lost!

Congratulations Mark - won't be long now !

Rose

hi Mark
I'm 8 weeks post op and have lost 3 stone and 3 pounds. I get compliments all the time. I'm shopping in 'normal' shops again. I feel great. Mr E-H has done a fantastic job - scars are minimal and fading fast. I don't crave sweet food. I have never been sick (well one 'moment' a week after because I ate some soup too fast!). I have to say I was nervous, but the trick is to think about the sparkling future you have which is lying glittering ahead of you. Every day that passes is a step towards that.

Pre-op, I read and re-read Lisa's posts and they really made me feel confident. There are lots of people undergoing this operation - there were 4 at the same time as me. We are really lucky to have a quick date given, and a fantastic surgeon.

Just have a think about all those smaller sized clothes you will be able to wear soon!

Lots of luck for the best present you will ever get.

Hi coolas nice to see your doing sooooo well, congrats on the weight loss your soon be catching me up!!!

Hi coolas, thankyou so much for the confidence booster. Ive been so big for over 20 years, it just seems not possible that i will be near some kind of a normal weight again. That i might be a one off where this op will not work. But i know deep down that if i dont have it then nothing will ever change. But with the help and encouragemnt that you and Lisa has helped me see the what the future holds. 3 stone in 8 weeks is outstanding. Bring it on Mr el hassani. :)

:hug99: That's the attitude mark! I really hope the threads have helped, i just wish i could help you more. Like you say after being over weight for so long it's hard to imagine ourselves slim! Also the men on here seem to lose much quicker then the women, im 2 lb short of 8 stone(op 7 months ago) so imagine how much weight you will have lost by the summer! Go grab those speedo's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Has anyone heard from mark007?

no - hope all is ok with him x

can't believe you have lost 8 stone! That's a whole person.
I'm just back from Bluewater - able to fit in size 18 so a whole load of new shops opening up to me now!!

Hi coolas, good to hear from you, your weightloss is great, how are you finding it? I've lost posh spice! i'm under 200lb now which was a huge milestone for me. had a 3wk plateau over december but weightloss back on track again now and it didnt worry me too much as it was still the first time in my life that i hadnt put on weight over xmas!!!!

hi guys, just thought id poke my head into this thread as well as theres a couple of El Hasani's patients on here , have been talking to Lisa on another thread, ive still got ages to wait on 'the list' but cant wait to also go to bluewater and turn my nose up as i walk straight past Evans ;)
youve done soooo well and are truly an inspiration to me, all of you , keep up the good work xxxx Dawn

oh , i nearly forgot to ask !! coolas and Lisa, how long did you actually have to wait on Dr EL Hasani's waiting list, they told me 12 months worst case scenario and 7 months best ! , seems soooo long :)
xx Dawn

Hi Deeby, you might get the op sooner than 7 months, i only waited 5 months and a couple have had it sooner.

Hi Mark how are you doing? I went to see Star yesterday and got the results of my first lot of bloods-all was great so that was a relief! Stars sooooooooo nice, i'm glad i have her as part of my support team! When do you have to see her?

Hi Lisa, everything is going really well thankyou, i have an appointment on the 12th Feb at orpington, not sure who i will see there. Just cant wait to loose the kind of weight you have lost, it must make you feel sooooo great. Glad to hear your bloods checked out ok. What did they talk to you about when you went to your first post op appointment?

first op appointment they just take lots of tests and talk to you about the operation so you know what it's all about.
I'm about to be discharged from the Diabetes Clinic as my blood sugar levels are now normal - FANTASTIC!
Weight loss has plateaued too for a couple of weeks but the great thing is I am never hungry and fill up really quickly.
Mini baby-bel lights and feta cheese with olives and couscous are my mainstays.

I went for the first appointment in May and had operation mid October.

Lots of luck to anyone having this done - it is sooooooo worth it.
xx

Hi mark, i think you will be seeing star, it's only her i've seen since having my op, when i was at orpington hospital yesterday mr El Hasani was in the next room to her and came out a couple of times i soooooo wanted to go up to him and thank him for changing my life but i was tooooo scared! Star said she'd take me to see him next time i go! my first appointment was fine you basically go in she weighs you and just goes through what your eating, asks if your having any problems and thats it! what tablets are you taking?

Hi Coolas, really pleased for you and the diabetes! what fab news xxx

getting into size 18 stuff now - whole new world of shops opening up before me! How wonderful to never really feel hungry!

Hi coolas great to see your doing so well, how are you finding it? Had any problems?

Back