• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone had dr el hasani as their surgeon?

hi coolas, good to see your doing so well, hows the eating going? have you had any probs?

hi, no I haven't had any problems. One time I retched but nothing came up and I was fine soon afterwards.

Having more purees now - still having soups as well. Go onto soft foods on Thursday- looking forward to some fish, bizarrely, wasn't all that into fish before.

GP signed me off for 3 weeks, so that makes a total of 5 weeks recovery post-op. Glad I'm having it though. Have started reading lots of books now that I have enough concentration for them!!
how are you , all those months post op?

hi coolas, its so nice when you can move onto different stages and start tasting real food! im doing great, i can eat a fair bit now which im really pleased about so i dont feel deprived at all i just know when to stop! It's 6 months on friday since i had my op and i am 2lb short of losing 7stone which i still cant believe, a few more weeks and i'll be in the 14 somethings which i havent been for the last 10 years! You've got all this to look forward to, enjoy it!!!!

Just to say that a family member of mine recently had surgery under Mr El Hasani.

Despite my feelings about him after he declined me for surgery and his rude bedside manner , he does know what he is doing and the nurses in surgical 7 at the princess royal are so nice especially sally and rose.

It's nice to read a positive comment on El-Hasani, especially as he's doing me (so to speak) on Sunday !!

Im pooing my pants !!!! (well not literally but this pre op diet really does get things moving !!!!!)

x

I don't mean to be rude but if you are paying surely you can go where you like? Even with the NHS you have a choice. If a surgeon is rude to overweight people, he is in the wrong area if he choses obesity surgery!
I wanted a good surgeon but I also wanted one who was polite, friendly and approachable. I wanted to know he would listen if I had any problems afterwards.
I don't know this man and he may be the best surgeon in the UK but I spent years being treated like a third class citizen by doctors. Some people must like him but go on your gut feelings.

Fatagain - don't you worry - that man knows exaaaaaaaaaactly what he is doing and trust me - he LOVES his job. Practically took off on the trolley as he wheeled me into the operating theatre. If you are in Surgical 7 in Princess Royal, the nurses are absolutely lovely. Especially Sister Bethan, and nurse Rose.

lots and lots of luck.
I'm 2 stone 7 down and starting smaller dress sizes - feeling really happy! You'll be there before you know it too! And just look at Lisa - 7 stone gone in 6 months - that's like losing Posh Spice off you! Fabulous!!!! :)

It's nice to read a positive comment on El-Hasani, especially as he's doing me (so to speak) on Sunday !!

Im pooing my pants !!!! (well not literally but this pre op diet really does get things moving !!!!!)

x

Good luck for Sunday !
Rose

I dont get your point encore ...what do you mean by "I dont mean to be rude"?

I mean I don't mean to sound critical of posters here. It reads as though people are walking on eggshells around this man in the hope he will do their op. He's just a surgeon, not a god. Being talented doesn't exclude people from needing to be polite and civil. I've never met him and have no axe to grind. It just appears that he has a knack of upsetting patients-if posters here are typical. I'm not trying to be provocative. I just feel uncomfortable when fellow patients are not treated with respect.

I don't think he means to be rude - English isn't his first language and he is very focussed on his job. I think he was probably absent during the 'bedside manner' class but he's at the top of his field. Rude and useless would be a different matter!!

i agree with coolas, mr el hasani is from iraq therefore english is not his first language it's not so much that his rude its just that he gets on with his job and always seems in a rush but he has a very good team who are always there to answer any questions. he really is one of the top surgeons and i'd gladly have that over anything else anyday!!

Hi guys, cant believe it. Had a call from Me El Hassini`s secretary. Said im booked in for surgery on January 14th. It will be 5 months from seeing Star ( he`s assisant )at Farnbrough hostipal to surgery day. Never heard it happening so quick. So any advice on what to expect except his bedside manner.lol. would be most welcome

Congrats on your op date mark, what a fantastic xmas prezzie! any questions or worries dont hesitate to ask xxx

Mr El-Hasani was lovely to me, he shook my hand made me feel at ease and was very nice and polite, explained in full detail everything and reassured me constantly.

I did go private though (maybe this makes a difference) ?

I did think that as i was reading your post!

Hi Lisa, they said i would need to be in for 7 days, 2 days before surgery. What kind of things did they do in them 2 days. When i went to leeds to see about the costs for private, they said a total of 4 days, comming in a day before surgery. Just seems a long time in hospital at Farnbrough.

Hi mark, you dont have to be in until 6pm the first day they will get you settled in and monitor your blood pressure ect then the next day you will be given a laxative to clear you out thats why they have you go in early. it does seem a lot longer stay than most but when i was there i did ask the nurses why the stay was so long and they said that mr el hasani is very very protective of his patients and likes to keep his eye on them so i guess its for our own good really x

Hi Lisa, i have to go for the pe assesment on the 22nd Dec, just wondered if you could tell me what they normally do, and how long it takes. thankyou

hi mark, i was there about an hour it's just you and a nurse(yipeee he says)! It's just like an MOT, she weighs you,takes your blood pressure and monitors your heart for about 5mins you have to lay on the couch topless and have those pads stuck to you and they take a mouth swab think thats it, she asks questions about your health background and talks about the op, the nurse i had was lovely and made me feel very at ease, hope this helps x

Back