• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone in WARRINGTON or nearby having or had gastric bypass love to hear from you

Hi Richard

Your very lucky that you are in a position to be able to go private,unfortunatly the quotes that I was recieving for the Gastric Bypass were far to high ,just out of intrest where are you having it done and whats the price?

Thanks for the message

Hi Nat

I'm actually in the Southeast and my ops costing 10k, the Alexandra is reputed to have some of the best laproscopic facilities in the country and the surgeon i'm under (Basil Ammori) is said to be one of the best bariatric surgeons in the world. Decided to pay because i can and i dont want to wait 18 months, or endure the indignity of talking my problems through with my GP, who's never really been any help in the past.

Take care and let me know if you need anything else :)

Richard

Hi Richard

Thanks for the advise :eek:
Nat

Hi Nat

I'm actually in the Southeast and my ops costing 10k, the Alexandra is reputed to have some of the best laproscopic facilities in the country and the surgeon i'm under (Basil Ammori) is said to be one of the best bariatric surgeons in the world. Decided to pay because i can and i dont want to wait 18 months, or endure the indignity of talking my problems through with my GP, who's never really been any help in the past.

Take care and let me know if you need anything else :)

Richard

Hi sorry I've not been on in ages, had to get a sleep apnoea test before progressing - sigh!. I have been given an appointment with a Mr A Agwunobi at the regency in macclesfield, who also works at the Alex in Cheadle. he looks like a top bloke although I wanted Dr Ashton - what happened to choice within the NHS?
Oh Well best to go and meet him!
All the best
Kate

Hi Helen,
I've got an appoinment with Dr Agwunobi at the regency - -did he perform your op and how did you get on? I'm shXXXing bricks as I now have a consultation date next month.
All the beat
kate

My doctor recently reffered me for funding in the Warrington area. I got turned down flat within 2 weeks. I thought it was just the luck of the postcode lottery until a friend pointed me in the direction of this thread.

Hi Homer,

Sorry to hear that. Do you have a right to appeal? Did they give you reasons for turning you down?

Shel

Hi Homer,

Looking at BOSPA, Warrington PCT's criteria for funding is a BMI of over 50, which is very high :(

in that case I'd print off the page from bospa and take it back to your gp, point out that you meet the criteria and ask for a resubmission/appeal and reasons for refusal.

sometimes you gotta fight!

Hi folks

Is there anyone living in WARRINGTON or nearby having or had gastric bypass? Love to share experiences. Having mine on June 26th at the Regency Hospital in Macclesfield (on NHS). Very excited & nervous at the same time.

Love to hear from anyone

Helen
Hi Helen, i live in Bury Manchester. I had the bypass done at the end of May at Manchester Royal Infirmary. Can honestly say I've not regretted it at all weight is coming off great and feel so much healthier. Good luck and keep me posted on your progress x

Back