• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone looking at surgery in Sunderland please?

Misheemee

Keen for people currently going through the process at Sunderland to share info please. I have only just been referred by gp and want to do as much research and find out as much as possible. Ive been part way through the process about 4/5 years back but I expect a lot has changed in that time

Last edited:
Keen for people currently going through the process at Sunderland to share info please. I have only just been referred by gp and want to do as much research and find out as much as possible. Ive been part way through the process about 4/5 years back but I expect a lot has changed in that time
Hi Misheemee,
I am on the waiting list at Sunderland too. ive just completed my tier 3 dietary educational classes. Your 1st appointment will be to attend a seminar at the hospital, you will meet the dietitian and the surgeon, they talk through all your options and the actual different surgeries and your weight will be took. the next appointment will be to attend the classes and your in a group discussing all about healthy eating etc and your weight is took each time, you will be given a weight loss target to be met by the time the classes are finished if possible. if your having psychology sessions they will be held at different appointments and when all this is completed your next step will be where i am. I am awaiting appointment to see dietitian to hopefully discuss my surgery and what surgery is best for me. What ive heard all this process takes quite a while, my journey started in june 2016 and im hoping my surgery will be some time this year.....hope this all helps and feel free to keep us all updated xx

Ive had my seminar and my phychiotrist appointment im under mr shroeder ive got to go and see him on the 20th sept to accept a mini bypass as anyone had it done by him

Back