• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone lost money for op abroad?

Gladys Friday

I just wondered if anybody had paid money to have wls abroad but was then refused surgery and lost the money they had paid?

Debbie

Oh god that is awful, I'm so sorry for you.
I had my gastric band done in 2008 with cosmetic bliss but I heard they have recently gone bust. I seem to remember an insurance policy that I paid for on top. I guess that isn't something you were given the option to take.
What county are you in? I'm currently waiting for a bypass on the NHS they are really helpful you should go see your Dr, not that helps with you losing all of that money but at least you may get your operation anyway?!
Anyway good luck xx

Hi Christine marks

Sorry I have not made myself very clear. It hasn't happened to me, someone once said that they had lost a lot of money when they went abroad so I just wondered if other people had lost money when they had gone abroad.

Debbie

Oh sorry! My experience was very positive, if you are considering it I would suggest, looking into the company before paying them anything, ask for their VAT registration details to check with HMRC and see about taking an insurance out to cover you for the planned op and anything that may be unforeseen x

Back