• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone on the waiting list at derby

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
give them a ring hun :) x

kirstyjade

I have done a few times but I'm getting a different answer every time and then this morning mr Ahmed secretary told me that there no to give out a time frame because there's no way to know cause there's so many factors, I'm so confused, I just want to know roughly iv been on the list over 3 months and I'm hoping to only wait another 3 x

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
I have done a few times but I'm getting a different answer every time and then this morning mr Ahmed secretary told me that there no to give out a time frame because there's no way to know cause there's so many factors, I'm so confused, I just want to know roughly iv been on the list over 3 months and I'm hoping to only wait another 3 x
:( aww good luck x

Badgerpink

Can't help I am under derby royal but just had my letter to say appointment time is 13 weeks, if my dietician had not delayed her info and my referral had not been lost then I probably would be on your time frame. Tut... Anyway I will watch closely to see how things go for you ... All the best and I hope it's speedy for you x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Lincs Lass

Hi Kirsty

Helen, Mr Ahmed's 'real' secretary came back on Monday after 6 months leave so may be worth giving her a few days to settle in and then see if you can find out from her.

I've emailed the FOI office to see if they will open up to them a bit more. I should hear back in the next week or so.

kirstyjade

Hi Kirsty

Helen, Mr Ahmed's 'real' secretary came back on Monday after 6 months leave so may be worth giving her a few days to settle in and then see if you can find out from her.

I've emailed the FOI office to see if they will open up to them a bit more. I should hear back in the next week or so.

Just wanted to let you know I had a call from the head man at derby bariatric department (can't remember his name he just gave me so much information) basically I was told they are operating on people who were put on the waiting list end of march start of April 2012 so I'm looking at June and he said its very unlikely that they will bring the waiting list down much so from them dates ^^^ you can work out when your surgery is likely to be

Lincs Lass

Thanks for that - that sounds pretty much like my original 'thoughts' based on what's been said from people at the support group - mine is likely to be August time.

natashoorrr

I'm on the waiting list at Derby :D I only found out today - I'm so excited :D

kirstyjade

I'm on the waiting list at Derby :D I only found out today - I'm so excited :D

Hi nat congratulations for getting on the waiting list, it's so excieting isn't it
What consultant did you see? What op are you going for?
It's nice to see people who are the same hospital
When was you listed today?

natashoorrr

It really is!! I saw Dr Ahmed.

I had my first consultation today but because i've done so much he said he'd put me on the list straight away. He said that the waiting list is about a year at the moment because they haven't got many spare beds and an increase in cancer surgeries. I'm aiming to have it done by Jan 2014!

Check us bypass chicks out :D

Lincs Lass

I am probably going to be about the same time as you then - Jan 2014. I was hoping for sooner but have heard that one of the surgeons is leaving which is probably adding to the wait.

Lincs Lass

How did your appointment go today?

kirstyjade

It went really good thanks, I was super worried I'd put on weight but I had lost 7lbs so I'm happy... They told me there speeding things up atm and cutting the waiting list down so I'm looking at June time so I'm super excieted for that and that would have been 9 months on the waiting list

Lincs Lass

Oh wow, that's fantastic. I had heard one of the team was leaving so was worried that was going to push things back - but if they are estimating June for you then I'll be looking at September/October time.

Hark at Sue making it all about her again (!), sorry.

Really pleased it went so well

fee34

Hi I'm new to this site, I'm also on the waiting list for derby royal - only since 15th March tho so long wait fir me yet! Just struggling with trying to lose some of the weight myself.x

kirstyjade

Hi I'm new to this site, I'm also on the waiting list for derby royal - only since 15th March tho so long wait fir me yet! Just struggling with trying to lose some of the weight myself.x

Same here iv not lost anything I acctually put on weight but have now lost it Again so I'm litterally the same as I was at my last appointment, they don't seem to mind if you don't lose as long as you don't gain weight your ok, hope time passes quickly for you and you get your op soon