• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone's bones hurt??

pooh71

Random question, I know. But when I lie down on my side my hip bones really hurt now. It's actually keeping me awake at night. I try sleeping on my back, but I've always liked sleeping on my side. Or if I sit in a meeting for hours....my bum bones really hurt!!

I think I'll have to invest in some extra padding!

I'm with you on the 'bum' bones Pooh!! I had a bath last w/e (usually I shower) and the bones in my bum were hurting on the bottom of the bath!
All part of being slimmer - you find bones lol.

Its gonna get better as your body adjusts and you continue to shrink. My knees used to hurt against each other.

Its gonna get better as your body adjusts and you continue to shrink. My knees used to hurt against each other.

Yes mine do too! I'm lying here on the sofa now and my knees are hurting up against each other! It's weird. I wondered if its still the weight I'm carrying is still a fair bit and it's pressing downwards but the cushioning isn't as much.

Oh yes I remember the pain well. I don't feel it any more, my body seems to have adjusted, but I had to invest in a special mattress to cope with the pain in my hips and bum. Apparently it is a common problem with rapid weight loss but it does get better :)

Oh yes I remember the pain well. I don't feel it any more, my body seems to have adjusted, but I had to invest in a special mattress to cope with the pain in my hips and bum. Apparently it is a common problem with rapid weight loss but it does get better :)

Oh that's good to hear that it gets better! Thanks x Did you get a memory mattress? I was thinking last night at some unearthly hour when my hips were hurting about getting a mattress topper in the memory foam. x

I never knew that Shelley. Thanks for sharing it though, as I thought I just had a rubbish bed! My knees hurt and my shoulders too. I'm so glad it goes away eventually though :)

and you definitely are getting thinner lovely :) It gets better, promise :D

LOL, I have the knees together pain too. Not so bad on the hips though. My hubbie was diagnosed with spondylosis just after I had my op, so we went and spent a small fortune on a super comfy and supportive bed, its done wonders for me too.

I think a lot of it is down to the way our body arranges itself and the way ligaments and tendons stretch. Our body still behaves like a fat persons - it will take time for our skeletons and muscular structure to adjust.

Agreed! I suffered for months with the most horrendous back pain. The muscles actually felt like they were tearing and stretching, it was undoubtedly because my posture had changed due to weight distribution changes. Thankfully it is finally easing up after 5 months. I was 17 stone at 13 and 21 stone at 18, so my body was very used to carrying my excess weight - often think that as far as my body is concerned this lower weight is very abnormal.

Same here - was 12 stone by the time I was 12 and 30 stone by 30...

About 6 months post band and 6 stone weight loss, I started getting hip and femur pain, I was breastfeeding at the time and happen to mention it to my surgeon when I saw him with other problems. He advised the pain was likely calcium being pulled from my bones and I started cali-chew ad3 which resolved the pains in three weeks, so don't necessarily pass it off as just your body adjusting.

About 6 months post band and 6 stone weight loss, I started getting hip and femur pain, I was breastfeeding at the time and happen to mention it to my surgeon when I saw him with other problems. He advised the pain was likely calcium being pulled from my bones and I started cali-chew ad3 which resolved the pains in three weeks, so don't necessarily pass it off as just your body adjusting.

Weren't calcium tablets part of your package? I take 4 a day.

Back