• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My diary

had 1lb ON! very disheartening. am going try as much walking as possible this week, and restrict to 1000 calories. had a great night with my sisters and the vodka was flowing so will have to burn it off today.. going on a 4 mile walk this evening.... have to stay focused... 2 weeks to my first fill xx

Hey Maura,

THE WEIGHT IS COMING OFF!!!!!

I know its not coming off as fast as you would like, buts is an off and not an on!
How are things going with the job hunting? have you found anything yet?

I must take my hat to you for resisting doritos......if it was me, they would have been bought and eaten! well done, you obviously have more will power than me at present.

Keep going girl....dont forget, this is journey...not a race!

nothing yet in the job front! classroom assistants are usually needed in september so i need something else in the mean time. i do ann summer parties at the weekends so thankfully thats going well :p. you are doing real well too, congratulations on more weight loss, when is your first fill?

Maura if your looking for something part time I'm a distributor for aloe Vera products and we are always looking for people.

well guys i am pleased to say i have 4lb off this week. thats a total of 23lb. i am delighted. i have walked plenty and still counting my calories, bread is nearly nil in my diet, eating crispbakes instead. walking about 3-4 mile a day, have a walking partner which makes it all alot easier. looking forward to my fill in 2 weeks time. going to liverpool next sunday for a few days so looking forward to that.
one question.... i am still getting pains in my left side. its not my wound as they have all healed nicely. sometimes i cannot even bend without a sharp piercing pain in my side. any suggestions what that might be?

Maura, that fabulous progress!! No idea wot the pain might be though - maybe they'll discuss it with you when you get your fill. Hope it all goes well. Xo

Hi Maura,

Great weight loss so far, you really are doing great!
How is your pain now?

hi guys sorry havent been on for a while. I am just back from liverpool and had a great time. i had my first fill today. i was given 3ml. i just hope that it gives me some restriction.
gettin the fill didnt hurt too much. the consultant was lovely and he found my port quite easily. it just takes about 10 minutes for the whole appointment. i was then given a glass of water and told to sip slowly. i thought i couldnt swallow it properly as i felt it sitting on back of my throat. i was gulping slightly,. but when consultant seen how much i had drank he explained i had taken it too quickly and after a few minutes i was fine and finished the water more slower.
i just hope i will now have more restriction, fingers crossed

23lbs is sooooooooo great. I'm so jealous! No going back now! x

well guys i am so happy. today i got weighed and i have 2lb off... this is great because now i am into the 15's on the weighing scales. I feel so happy. people are starting to notice my weight loss, and family and friends are telling me i look great. I am just not used to compliments but i have to say i love them and could get used to this malarky... lol
i am walking plenty and feel more active. i dont feel much pain in my side any more, maybe a little ping every now and then.
so i got my first fill on thursday and back onto food today... worried cause still feel no restriction. i got 3 mls and am just wondering how long does it take to feel restriction. i assumed it was immediate but hopefully someone can reassure me that i will feel restriction in a few days time....
anyway i am still happy being a bandette.
hope you are all well and losing xx ;)

22lbs off Maura that's absolutely brilliant I'm so chuffed for you xx

Last edited:
25lbs in six weeks is fantastic, well done Maura. Hope its all going well for you? What are you eating these days and are you doing much exercise?

well guys i am so happy. today i got weighed and i have 2lb off... this is great because now i am into the 15's on the weighing scales. I feel so happy. people are starting to notice my weight loss, and family and friends are telling me i look great. I am just not used to compliments but i have to say i love them and could get used to this malarky... lol
i am walking plenty and feel more active. i dont feel much pain in my side any more, maybe a little ping every now and then.
so i got my first fill on thursday and back onto food today... worried cause still feel no restriction. i got 3 mls and am just wondering how long does it take to feel restriction. i assumed it was immediate but hopefully someone can reassure me that i will feel restriction in a few days time....
anyway i am still happy being a bandette.
hope you are all well and losing xx ;)

Hi Maura,

I got my first fill on Wednesday and don't feel any restriction either, have just been living off will power since the week after my op and was really hoping this fill would help, but i don't think it is enough :(, do you still feel the same today?

Hi Maura,

I got my first fill on Wednesday and don't feel any restriction either, have just been living off will power since the week after my op and was really hoping this fill would help, but i don't think it is enough :(, do you still feel the same today?
i am the same loopy, got my fill on thursday and there is no restriction. they are closed for july so cant get another fill till august. will be asking to check that 3 mls went in!
are u still losing loopy? i am but, likeyou, its will power.
:sigh:

25lbs in six weeks is fantastic, well done Maura. Hope its all going well for you? What are you eating these days and are you doing much exercise?

hi jaynie the 25 lbs include my pre op diet xx i have no restriction so i have just cut down on food. my portions are smaller, but thats through my own choice nothing to do with the band. i know the band isnt a miracle worker but jeez a little restriction would be a little helpful. i am walking plenty :sigh: h
how are you getting on

i have noticed not much change in my weight in a fortnight. i had my first fill 2 weeks ago and i think i was filled with fresh air lol. so i have now booked for my 2nd fill for thur 7th july. thats only 3 weeks from my first one, but i have been informed if i feel no restriction i can get another fill, of course more money to spend. £90 each time. this time because the consultant wont be in the north (till August) i have to travel 100 miles to get a fill in Dublin

anyway fingers crossed i will feel some restriction. i had 3ml last time.

Last edited:
Back