• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone's bones hurt??

Me too :cry:

Knees are just bones and if I lie on my side it hurts with my knees together.

Hip bones stick out and are sharp. Pelvic bones are the most uncomfortable as they stick out all the way round and are really sharp.

Other half has pointed out how sharp my elbows are now as they get jabbed in to him to stop his snoring.

Still can't get over actually having bones as I've never had any before :D

Ohhhhh yes pooh back, feet, hips, ankles, knee pain... I feel I am always moaning at hubby too especially when he tries to cuddle into me at night. I am constantly saying go move your arm/leg/hand etc because it's resting on some bony part of me :eek:. Oh and yep I so get the knees together thing too.
Funniest was going into a cafe a month ago. I sat down and was so sure I had sat on something. Without making a fuss I kept sliding my hand under my derrière to find what it was that was annoying me so much when my husband glared at me and told me to stop fidgeting ppppfffttt. I told him that I thought I was sitting on something and could he have look and see ..... You daft bat he said it's your backside bones your feeling so welcome to my world :rotflmao:

Well it's good to hear I'm not the only one! I though when I first posted this people will think I'm daft! Lol.

About 6 months post band and 6 stone weight loss, I started getting hip and femur pain, I was breastfeeding at the time and happen to mention it to my surgeon when I saw him with other problems. He advised the pain was likely calcium being pulled from my bones and I started cali-chew ad3 which resolved the pains in three weeks, so don't necessarily pass it off as just your body adjusting.

I've not been advised to take calcium, just a general A-Z vitamin which covers calcium...I wonder if that's enough?

Still wouldn't change a thing though :)

I've not been advised to take calcium, just a general A-Z vitamin which covers calcium...I wonder if that's enough?

I was given the same advice and both surgeon and dietician recommended centrum. I have to say I have been extremely naughty here and only took my first one today ... Ten weeks post op :asskick: :eek:

Pooh you may be okay as your nutrition will be limited only by amount. Frankie you need to query this hon - we are at massive risk of osteoporosis due to malabsorption, as well as thiamine (b12) and iron deficiencies. My hospitals practise is to have one calcium and d3 two iron tabs and a b12 injection plus a multivitamin each day. On top of that I take a hair skin and nails because my body needs it.

I did Yve and was told only a small percentage suffer from deficiencies and as long as I take my multi vits and get regular blood tests I would be fine. Not entirely happy as 1.. I am not the best at taking meds (as proved lol) and 2.. My GP isn't the best at chasing these things up and to be honest neither am I :eek:

Last edited:
That makes me uncomfortable because its exactly the opposite of what I've been told :(

Yes my Butt Bones really hurt...I end up sitting in some strange position like i'm some sort of contortionist !

I know Yve ..I'm not entirely comfortable with it either. I see Mr Stuart again on Friday so will ask again & also intend speaking with my GP but to be honest I don't hold out for much advice there as they are pretty clueless as regards bariatric surgery :rolleyes:
I did however get a big lecture from the dietician last week about not starting my multivitamins .. whoops :eek:

Last edited:
Yes my Butt Bones really hurt...I end up sitting in some strange position like i'm some sort of contortionist !

It's the butt where I miss my cushioning the most Andy .. Numb bum syndrome lol

I know Yve ..I'm not entirely comfortable with it either. I see Mr Stuart again on Friday so will ask again & also intend speaking with my GP but to be honest I don't hold out for much advice there as they are pretty clueless as regards bariatric surgery :rolleyes:
I did however get a big lecture from the dietician last week about not starting my multivitamins .. whoops :eek:

Tut tut! Slap on the wrist lol. My team say to start it after the first week. Hopefully they will have an answer for you. Statistically from what I read its 1 in every 3

I was banded when I started calci-chew but it wasn't a general recommendation following surgery, but as I was breastfeeding, my GP did prescribe them for me and continues to now. I always took an AtoZ with iron chewable multi-vit. It just seems odd to me I had considerable pain which stopped 3 weeks after starting calcium supps so it may be worth trying for a couple of months even if you don't have a malasorbtion sugery.

Don't know about other NHS trusts, but ours do regular checks to find out levels of calcium, Vit D, B12 etc. In my pre op check I was found to be deficient in Calcium and vit d so was prescribed adcal. Now my levels are perfect. I take a multivit plus liquid b complex that you hold under your tongue (better absorption), and my B12 level was good too. Its always worth getting your blood checked, maybe your GP would do it?

Back