• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Approaching Op Date For Gastric Band

Queenykjp

Hi, I'm new to this forum and could do we chatting with some fellow members about the gastric band or their experience of other surgeries. I am due for op on 23rd July at Leeds Spire. Starting to get very excited and nervous now.....
Hi!! I’m scheduled for wls on the 29th of July for a bypass, I carnt offer you advise on my surgery as you’ll have yours before me but I’ll try and help with anything else, I’m currently on the milk diet :)

Theukpk

Hi, I'm new to this forum and could do we chatting with some fellow members about the gastric band or their experience of other surgeries. I am due for op on 23rd July at Leeds Spire. Starting to get very excited and nervous now.....

Very normal to be nervous, I would be surprised if you wasn't nervous. I've had my band since 12th feb and It's going extremely well for me, 6 months and I've lost almost 7 stone now and still going strong :) I'm sure everyone on this forum will be glad to help with your questions or anything you're worried about.

Have you started your liver reduction diet yet?

Queenykjp

Very normal to be nervous, I would be surprised if you wasn't nervous. I've had my band since 12th feb and It's going extremely well for me, 6 months and I've lost almost 7 stone now and still going strong :) I'm sure everyone on this forum will be glad to help with your questions or anything you're worried about.

Congratulations that fabulous x

Theukpk

Your very welcome! It’s a great achievement that! X

It is but wasn't easy I can assure you :D People that get the gastric band really needs to understand it's just a tool that needs to be used correctly, having one doesn't mean instant weight loss. You still need to work with the band.

Nims

Wow, congratulations on the amazing weightloss! Your an inspiration
Just started my diet today and have preop on Thursday. It's all been a rush really as I only had my consultation on the 6th July and op next week!
It's going to be really hard work and as you say a tool that needs to be carefully handled!

Queenykjp

It is but wasn't easy I can assure you :D People that get the gastric band really needs to understand it's just a tool that needs to be used correctly, having one doesn't mean instant weight loss. You still need to work with the band.
I think that applies to all of the weight loss surgeries, unfortunately my husband is a classic case, x

Nims

Hi!! I’m scheduled for wls on the 29th of July for a bypass, I carnt offer you advise on my surgery as you’ll have yours before me but I’ll try and help with anything else, I’m currently on the milk diet :)
Thanks for replying. Great to see how we both get on as our dates are so close albeit for different proceedures. I've just started the liver shrinking diet today and appreciating my last few days of eating solids for a long time!

Theukpk

Not sure if you've tried to post or reply to anything but for your first few posts they need to be moderated and may take a few days to be accepted, after that you will be able to respond freely.

Nims

Thanks. I have replied as I really appreciated your message....Hopefully in a few days you will see my message lol
Not sure if you've tried to post or reply to anything but for your first few posts they need to be moderated and may take a few days to be accepted, after that you will be able to respond freely.

Sarnie

That's a fantastic weight loss. Well done.

Parsnip

Don't know much about the band but I wish you luck, your surgery is the day before mine (rny bypass). I've added you to the surgery list we have going for this years oppers x

Theukpk

Wow, congratulations on the amazing weightloss! Your an inspiration
Just started my diet today and have preop on Thursday. It's all been a rush really as I only had my consultation on the 6th July and op next week!
It's going to be really hard work and as you say a tool that needs to be carefully handled!

I was the exact same, I had my consultation and had my operation 14 days later, I think that is the earliest they can do it as there is a 2 week cooling off period once you pay so you can change your mind. It is going to be hard, but as long as you keep reminding yourself why you got the band in the first place I'm sure you'll do just fine. Any questions just ask :)

Bling Babe

Welcome I’m bypassed so can’t help with specific band advice but we will all support you as much as possible, keep posting and good luck x

Cheshire Cat

Fantastic weight loss x

Sarnie

Good luck, not long now x