• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

April 2014 Surgeries

will see what happens when i go for pre op monday still a little undecided

Hi, I'm having a bypass next wednesday 2nd april at St Richards in Chichester. Been on the milk diet for 10 days and doing ok. Easier than I expected it to be. Is anyone else going for wls in St Richards soon?

Having my Gastric Band fitted on April 14th at Dolan Park, Bromsgrove.

Start my pre-op diet this Monday (still gotta go to work for 4 days while on it. Ouch!) then I'm taking 2 weeks off.

Nervous, excited, scared... so many many emotions.

Also a shout out to my online buddy Kathy from the Gastric Band UK Facebook Group who is also being banded on April 14th at Dolan Park.

Bye Bye Forever Bread, Steak and Chips. You'll be missed. :wave_cry:

I'm going to Derby, Mr Ahmed, on 10 April - probably bypass though I originally asked about a sleeve.
Princess 4d4 - Spire Parkway is very nice - you'll be comfortable there.

thanks rooben just wasnt sure about it as was all geared and set on heartlands although i will still be under heartlands so not sure if it will still be same surgeon or what guess i will find out bit more at the time

I'm the same as you princess indecisive over the sleeve and the mini gastric bypass.
i am more for the mgb now but started deciding on the sleeve. I have my surgery on 23rd April in France and have to wait to see what he thinks is best, but I'm sure I will go with the mgb in the end, this is the biggest decision of my life, I have to get it right

Hi, I'm having a gastric band at Dolan Park Hospital on Tuesday 15th April so starting to cut back on solid food tomorrow. Only have to do the milk & yogurt for one week before surgery but seeing as a new month is nearly here, I need to make a commitment.

Princess, I've wobbled between bypass and sleeve.

I originally went to talk about a band but I plumped for the bypass because it has the best results, even though it means a bit of re-plumbing!!

The reason I didn't go for the sleeve is threefold, and this is just my personal take on it.

A greater chance of bad acid reflux and that is something I really don't like, the remaining stomach can be stretched more significantly than a pouch can and I probably don't trust myself and my greedy belly dwellers not to let old habits back in and finally it's not reversible.
I know that reversing a by-pass is a huge op and probably not one I would ever have, but I personally felt better knowing all of my insides are still going to be there, albeit in a slightly different configuration.

That is just my reasoning and everyone picks what they feel is best for them taking into consideration their wants and lifestyle. I am sure you will make the right choice for you. :p

COUNTDOWN STARTS TODAY........7 DAYS TILL LIFT OFF :eek:

well had pre op today now its real even though been on the damn diet for what seems like forever already good luck to all us april oppers

Hi. I have my sleeve gastrectomy on 23 April at the Leeds Nuffield. Going private through THG. I am being admitted on 22 April and hopefully discharged on 25 April. I have been thinking about getting this done now for 4 years and finally decided 2 weeks ago when I had my initial consultation. Can't wait to finally get rid of this fat suit! :D M x

I'm having my sleeve at Leeds Nuffield through THG on the 29 April. Would be good to keep in touch xx

I'm due to have a sleeve on the 8/4/14 at Lewisham Hospital.
Since referral in December 13, Ive had a sleep test, Endoscopy and my pre op assessment.
Starting my pre op diet on 21/3/14.
I so ready for this, looking forward to being in the wls club!

Hi canjam, that was a very quick referral, from dec 13 to April 14. Was it NHS? which consultant if you don't mind me asking. Why did you choose a sleeve against something else? sorry for the questions, i'm just at the beginning of my journey x

im seriously thinking when i go for pre op assessment next week of telling them i want a sleeve and not the bypass wonder if they would do that has anyone else changed their minds so close ???

Hi Princess, My friend was supposed to get a bypass in October and changed to the sleeve at the last minute. I saw her just before my surgery as I was a little nervous as expected. I was going into the unknown...... However, after talking to her she said she had had a major operation and wished she had gone the whole hog and got the bypass afterall. She siad the sleeve made it too easy for her personally to eat what ever she still wanted to just less of it.

I have had a bypass last friday and all I can say is it has been really easy, I know some ppl are having issues but honestly, I have had no pain, not a painkiller in sight! It is the easiest thing I have done. I understand that this will not be for everyone. I also think it helps that I have been able to eat straight away (yes puree, but hey it tastes lovely).

It is your decision at the end of the day and I am sure there will be lots of advice from more experienced post oppers on here than me. Just make sure you are 100% before you make a decision and ask yourself why are you having doubts. Is it because you think eating will never be the same again? You will be able to manage a sleeve better for your lifestyle? and be truthful with your answers.

I wish you all the best hun xx

Good Luck all April Surgeries........ it is a fantastic journey to travel along. The wait may seem forever but it will pass before you know it. March did and I cant believe I am almost a week out!!

You will all do great xxxxx

Back