• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

April 2014 Surgeries

good luck caroline for tomorrow will try check in for updates

thanks joanne just nerves i guess it might be sleeve anyway yet as surgeon did say depends on liver shrinkage so will just wait and see what happens

Good luck all the April surgeries - will be thinking of you....

Here's to the new you's xxx

Had my surgery yesterday, still in hospital, didn't think I would have pain like this x

Hi canjam, that was a very quick referral, from dec 13 to April 14. Was it NHS? which consultant if you don't mind me asking. Why did you choose a sleeve against something else? sorry for the questions, i'm just at the beginning of my journey x
Hi Kentlisa
Yes I'm NHS, it has been very quick from referral to surgery but I have undertaken a weight management programme since Sept 2012 so I think that went in my favour!
I thought long and hard about which surgery and most people are undertaking the bypass. I'm not against the bypass but for me it's a bit too much plumbing around down there! I feel a sleeve has less complications and I would still like to have a bit of variety in my diet!
Talk to many people as possible to help you come to the best decision for yourself, wls forum meetings are a good place to meet people who have undertaken wls.
Good luck with your journey.

hope you get a speedy recovery bex

i am struggling right now on pre op diet as just cant be home when i need to be for the yogurt and cant take with or they would go warm and horrid really need to time things better i think for the next few days

Hi

So I'm a day out of surgery in very little pain and feeling ok. Still in hospital and just sipping water. Quite an odd feeling in my stomach where the ring is sitting but I'm sure that will pass.

I'm hoping this is third time lucky for me.

Caroline

Hi So I'm a day out of surgery in very little pain and feeling ok. Still in hospital and just sipping water. Quite an odd feeling in my stomach where the ring is sitting but I'm sure that will pass. I'm hoping this is third time lucky for me. Caroline
Wishing you a speedy recovery Caroline.
Curious to know procedure did you have and where?

feel better soon caroline

Hi. Well I'm allowed to go home today, just had an iron infusion as my iron levels are shot again.

I've had my rny pouch "fixed" as it had dilated and I've had a fobi ring put in. So I'm hoping this is it for me now.

Caroline

Hi. Well I'm allowed to go home today, just had an iron infusion as my iron levels are shot again. I've had my rny pouch "fixed" as it had dilated and I've had a fobi ring put in. So I'm hoping this is it for me now. Caroline
Hope all goes well for you.
Happy resting at home. X

To all u April oppers...good luck. I know where ur coming from...the preop diet is a ***** but worth it! I had surgery 2 weeks ago st Chichester...bypass...best thing I ever Did. I hope u all recover well and wish u all lovexx

good luck today cam

I'm having my sleeve at Leeds Nuffield through THG on the 29 April. Would be good to keep in touch xx

Yes definately! It's a shame we are not the same week. I will be discharged on 25th April. Good luck for your surgery. Will keep you posted on how mine goes. I started my preop diet today, although my dietician advised to start it one week before! Just thought I'd see how I get on with it. Take care. M x

Started my LSD yesterday, its hard but I survived day 1 & most of day 2 so far :)

My op date is 24th April, not sure its all sunk in yet what i'm doing, time seems to have flown by, keep getting little jitters now.

Good luck to all you April op'ers & look forward to your updates xXx

Last edited:
gem after day 3 it is lot easier i found day 3 the worst

Back