• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Apronectomy Funding Journey

Great news Shel, I do hope that you hear really soon and that the outcome is positive. How are things otherwise?

M

Up and down M, charlies been ill with a cold and cos of his problems it's gone on his chest so not much sleeping going on round here, so with Terry away it's not easy. Trying to follow your recovery but not much time/energy to post x

No worries re posting Shel its just so hard for you with Terry away and Charly ill. Hopefully it will all start to pick up soon

Sending you enormous hugs

M

best of luck :)

Time for an update! the initial application last october was refused as I hadn't maintained for 2 years.

I saw my GP in April when my documented 2 years was up, who was very happy to submit the application again, he just needed photographs of the skin from me.

So I sat on it until 2 weeks ago *shame*. Partly because I was worried they'd say no. Partly because I didn't want to put my family through another major surgery and recovery period so soon after my spinal surgery in March.

But I finally got off my backside and got hubby to take the pics and took them to the GP. I spoke to the staff today and the application was sent off yesterday. I'm to call back at the end of next week to see if the PCT have replied.

So it's back to waiting, fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Oooo good luck shel :) x

everything crossed Shel. Keep us posted x

Good luck Shel you deserve the op you've worked so hard against lots of challenges along your journey. I hope you get a positive answer & a swift date to round your journey off to a perfect ending.

Best of luck Shell, will keep everything crossed for you xx

Thanks all. I'm very nervous, not necessarily of being refused, think I'm nervous either way! Sick of the skin infections, and of trousers never fitting properly, and how it affects my self confidence. But also apprehensive about more surgery, and managing the recovery time as I assume it will be similar limitations on lifting as my spinal surgery was, 4-6 weeks, which is tricky with a toddler.

Just heard from my gp as they've heard from the PCT.

They are asking for - 1) list of weight and bmi over last 2 years, 2) further info on infections such as frequency, 3) higher quality photos. Dr is very peed off, says it's ridiculous they're just making me jump through hoops. He saw photos and said they were more than good enough and letter from dermo covers infections, so he's going to send a letter with weights and tell them they have all the info to prove I meet the criteria and if they want anymore they can send me to a plastic surgeon for a qualified opinion!

Luckily for me he's on my side and willing to fight for this.

Sometimes it makes you wonder if they actualy read everything they are presented with!

Its good that your GP is supportive, hopefuly you will hear something more positive soon x

Hi Shel

I think your Doc is right, they are just making you jump through hoops. I'm so glad he is fighting your corner though- it makes a huge difference to have that weight behind it.

Hopefully they will soon realise that you meet the criteria and get the hell on with it for you! Lol

Debs xxx

Small update, no news from PCT yet, but I emailed my local MP who is going to contact them on my behalf and look into it for me, so fingers crossed!

Back