• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Apronectomy Funding Journey

good luck shel :) xxx

Well yesterday I received a letter from my MP, enclosing a copy of the letter she has sent to the chief exec of the PCT, basically asking them why they are delaying when I meet the criteria. Fingers still crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Well yesterday I received a letter from my MP, enclosing a copy of the letter she has sent to the chief exec of the PCT, basically asking them why they are delaying when I meet the criteria. Fingers still crossed!

good luck shel, keep my fingers crossed for you :) xxx

Good luck Shell you have had such a great journey loosing the weight and having a baby....having the apronectomy would complete the circle nicely, I do hope your M P pushes hard for you!! Jude

Thanks all. Nice to see you Judy :) how's things going M?

Hi Shell, hope you and family are well. I heard that I have funding for an apronectomy going to see my surgeon on the 21 November to find out next steps.....

I'm doing fine Shel, just reaping more 'rewards' of the RNY well at least for me. One knee replaced (not as bad as I feared by a long way), Varicose veins stripped (fantastic both cosmetically but more importantly pain/ache wise). Then early January other knee being done. So my mobility is now increasing well and I look forward to 2012 when I can feel all the benefits. Maintaining brilliantly but never ever complacent. I hope that you and yours are also fine and that you get this funding soon because it is life changing and despite the cost I would do it all again tomorrowespecially plastics as it does help complete the journey

Every best wish

M

Just rang the surgery and there is a letter there from the PCT, but I have to wait for the doctor to call me at the end of surgery this afternoon to tell me what it says! Fingers crossed.

No call as yet, and will be surprised if I get one now as the surgery closed at 6 :( I called at 5.30 and he was still seeing patients then.

Gutted, they've said no, and the reasons are a load of old tosh. Need to wait until I see the letter then look at putting together an appeal.

Gutted for you Shel, I do hope once you have had time to see the letter & absorb the disappointment a bit you can dust yourself off & get that appeal in & win this time. You so deserve this final step on the journey you have met & overcome so many challenges on your journey this should be the icing on the cake at the end. I do so hope an appeal works for you.

oh i dont know what to say shell just appeal is the best answer whishing you all the very best with that.

what a bloody let down after all that waiting,
i am very sure you have a good appeal case also.xxx

Shell have you got your local MP involved? might be worth exploring........ Best of luck Shell fingers and good toes crossed!!

Back