• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

At the start

Rob82

Going to my first support group tonight in Scunthorpe. A bit nervous not good meeting new and doesn't help that the sat nav on my phone won't find the address I've been given just stops in middle of post code. Wish me luck.

Bling Babe

Good luck ! Let us know x

Sarnie

Going to my first support group tonight in Scunthorpe. A bit nervous not good meeting new and doesn't help that the sat nav on my phone won't find the address I've been given just stops in middle of post code. Wish me luck.
Hope you found it and that it went well x

Rob82

I found it, after circling the block twice lol, a nice lady waved me down and asked me if I was looking for owlss. The meeting went really well everyone was friendly and put me at ease straight away. Lots of useful but really frank information. I look forward to going again :)

Sarnie

I found it, after circling the block twice lol, a nice lady waved me down and asked me if I was looking for owlss. The meeting went really well everyone was friendly and put me at ease straight away. Lots of useful but really frank information. I look forward to going again :)
That's good, all sounds positive, keep us posted x

Rob82

Went to a group dietitian appointment yesterday, discussed pre-op and post op diets. keeping food diary's, not drinking with meals, eating 3 balanced meals a day. Hard to believe that after the op i'll be full on a portion thats the size of an ice cube or 2. No wonder they make you wait so long its a lot to get your head round some times.

Sarnie

Went to a group dietitian appointment yesterday, discussed pre-op and post op diets. keeping food diary's, not drinking with meals, eating 3 balanced meals a day. Hard to believe that after the op i'll be full on a portion thats the size of an ice cube or 2. No wonder they make you wait so long its a lot to get your head round some times.
Is only that small in the early days, I'm 5 months out and can eat a good size portion now.

Rob82

That's cool, thought it'd be something like that. Its still a shock to think of it in those terms when your used to having massive plates of food. Been doing lots of research into recipes, trying to workout best way to get everything I need into my meals.

Rob82

Hi, guys I'm still here plodding along. Everything's been put on hold at the moment because of covid :( just got to stay below my start weight and practice good eating habits. Been doing lots of reading got the weightloss surgery for dummies books and soaking up info like a sponge.
Stay safe.

Bling Babe

Great to hear from you, hope your staying safe and don’t have to wait to long

Rob82

Had phone call from nurse at hospital other day, she was just checking on me. Told me they not sure when they will restart but they haven't forgot about us lol. Weighed myself today start weight I think was 171kg and today was 161kg so lockdown not done to much damage to my weight.

Rob82

Well this sucks :( it looks like I may have move before I get surgery ( I'm not even on waiting list )to either Boston area. My father has had a stroke and needs help , I feel selfish complaining about it but I've worked so hard just to get to this point. Does anyone know if you more on teir 4 will they just swap surgeons or is it straight back to the start. And what is it like for trying to get surgery like around there ?

Bling Babe

Well this sucks :( it looks like I may have move before I get surgery ( I'm not even on waiting list )to either Boston area. My father has had a stroke and needs help , I feel selfish complaining about it but I've worked so hard just to get to this point. Does anyone know if you more on teir 4 will they just swap surgeons or is it straight back to the start. And what is it like for trying to get surgery like around there ?
Aw no I’m so sorry for you and dad, I hope someone will be able to help you, maybe call your team and ask them.