• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2014 Surgeries

Well done! I've been doing aqua fit and swimming, Super if like me you can't run and hate the gym! I have got some protein powder but as yet I'm too scared to try it! I hate milk or anything that tastes like milk! Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I think but don't quote me on it...you can add it to soups etc??

Maybe even smoothies with veg and fruit water and protein?

I would love to try aquafit but looked into it before and at the 2 closest swimming centres all the classes are when I'm at work, not even one on he weekend!! :(

I'm gonna walk and try and Zumba (in house to start)

Xx

The dietician told me to have 4 weight watchers soup a day 4 muller light yoghurt and a pint of milk for my pre op diet
I am not keen on the Milk as it gives me an upset tummy can anyone suggest what I can have instead of the milk xx

The dietician told me to have 4 weight watchers soup a day 4 muller light yoghurt and a pint of milk for my pre op diet I am not keen on the Milk as it gives me an upset tummy can anyone suggest what I can have instead of the milk xx

Is anyone else having their sleeve op done at the UCLH in London in the next few months ?xx

The dietician told me to have 4 weight watchers soup a day 4 muller light yoghurt and a pint of milk for my pre op diet I am not keen on the Milk as it gives me an upset tummy can anyone suggest what I can have instead of the milk xx

Did you not get a choice, I got to choose from five options and chose the 50/50 one
Not sure about milk options!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Did you not get a choice, I got to choose from five options and chose the 50/50 one Not sure about milk options! Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

No that is the only one they do at The UCLH a bit worried I will struggle on it to be honest as milk really affects me.i did tell them that and they said switch to soya milk if it does x

No that is the only one they do at The UCLH a bit worried I will struggle on it to be honest as milk really affects me.i did tell them that and they said switch to soya milk if it does x

Lactofree milk is great! More protein than soy and gentle on tummy.

Hi, I am on the fourth day of my pre op diet, which includes cereal for breakfast, 100g of protein with salad for lunch and 100g of protein with vegetables for dinner. I am also able to have two fruits a day plus a small pot of low fat yoghurt. I was not given a choice regarding pre op diets, this was the only one and I have managed to loose 5lbs so far, which is not bad for me as I am a very slow looser!

Thanks Stacey for the tip of viewing Mr Mannur you tube clips, very informative and I found him personally really nice, listens well and patiently answered my long list of questions!

Just got my date today - 11 August at Salford Royal with Professor Ammori. Pre op, here we come (well, next week). Not looking forward to the preop, as I'm a vegetarian and it is a strict very low calorie atkins-style diet. I'll need to talk to the dietician to help get some ideas for meals.

Just got my date today - 11 August at Salford Royal with Professor Ammori. Pre op, here we come (well, next week). Not looking forward to the preop, as I'm a vegetarian and it is a strict very low calorie atkins-style diet. I'll need to talk to the dietician to help get some ideas for meals.

Congrats and good luck!

Good luck to you all on your pre ops and for your operations. Look forward to seeing updates. I am 1 week post op so a July opper. X

Hi, I am on the fourth day of my pre op diet, which includes cereal for breakfast, 100g of protein with salad for lunch and 100g of protein with vegetables for dinner. I am also able to have two fruits a day plus a small pot of low fat yoghurt. I was not given a choice regarding pre op diets, this was the only one and I have managed to loose 5lbs so far, which is not bad for me as I am a very slow looser! Thanks Stacey for the tip of viewing Mr Mannur you tube clips, very informative and I found him personally really nice, listens well and patiently answered my long list of questions!

That sounds just like the diet sheet I have received...5lbs is not bad at all!! They say that's a benefit to the diet, so if liver is shrinking then your good!! :)

Looking forward to your progress xx

Hi there Andie1962. I was at the hospital the same time as you and you was talking with my mum then Mr Jenkinson shouted at the nurse and you was a bit worried about him but I said that he is a really nice man(remember now lol). Well I've had my bypass on 17th July and so far feel great on liquids only at the mo. I was dreading the pre-op soup and yoghurt diet but it was fine, i don't really like milk so what I did was to have milky coffees and that used the pint allowance and with the soups I could only manage 3 tins a day. The only day I really struggled was on day 9 but I didn't give in then I was ok for the rest of the time. Hope you get a date soon x

Ohh great to see someone else is at st Anthony's!! I'm on the 6th though!
Day 7 of my pre, pre op diet and I'm used to it hoping it will defiantly help with the pre op!
What surgeon are you under?

I've just received my letter from St. Anthony's and it says I'm under Mr Andrew Wan.

Hi just got my date 19th August at kings college for sleeve. Keeping my fingers crossed they don't cancel again. My doctor is Avril Chang

I've just received my letter from St. Anthony's and it says I'm under Mr Andrew Wan.
I got mine today and am I also under him although I had previously met him so figured that would be the case! I'm the 9th so will let you know what he is like!

Hi there Andie1962. I was at the hospital the same time as you and you was talking with my mum then Mr Jenkinson shouted at the nurse and you was a bit worried about him but I said that he is a really nice man(remember now lol). Well I've had my bypass on 17th July and so far feel great on liquids only at the mo. I was dreading the pre-op soup and yoghurt diet but it was fine, i don't really like milk so what I did was to have milky coffees and that used the pint allowance and with the soups I could only manage 3 tins a day. The only day I really struggled was on day 9 but I didn't give in then I was ok for the rest of the time. Hope you get a date soon x

Hi yes I remember you soo happy it all went well .yes I thought he was a bit harsh shouting at the nurse but after I spoke to him I found him really understanding I had my appointment with the anaesthetist last week and got to go back for bloods next week.reallu can't wait to have it done now :) what a small world bumping into me on here lol xxx

Just had my pre op! Start my pre op diet tomorrow!
It was amazing so fast was in and out in just over an hour! The nurse made me feel so at ease and answered all my questions!
Looking forward to op day now!

Back