• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2014 Surgeries

I'm doing 50g carb 50g protien it turns out 50g of pasta is about 7 bits! I'm going to be hungry!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Yes but no dressings ect which after a while gets a bit bland as there are things in the veg List like carrots that count as carb allowance so variety wise it's hard!
There's only so much plain lettacue, tomatoes and cucumber one can face! As you need salad to bulk lunches up too!
I had chopped up tomatoes to make a sauce pasta and 50g of chicken! Was tasty if a little bland and very tiny!
Tricky thing is I'm a nanny so my kids had friends over and they made pizzas which I had to cook and the other Nannys had a lovely looking lunch which I could just sniff lol But it is soooo going to be worth it!

Yes but no dressings ect which after a while gets a bit bland as there are things in the veg List like carrots that count as carb allowance so variety wise it's hard! There's only so much plain lettacue, tomatoes and cucumber one can face! As you need salad to bulk lunches up too! I had chopped up tomatoes to make a sauce pasta and 50g of chicken! Was tasty if a little bland and very tiny! Tricky thing is I'm a nanny so my kids had friends over and they made pizzas which I had to cook and the other Nannys had a lovely looking lunch which I could just sniff lol But it is soooo going to be worth it! Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

When I did mine I was allowed 2 potions of "fats" a day which included salad dressing. When I used to have my dinner I would choose fish as my protein, cottage cheese as dairy (you can get different flavours and it's a large portion) then salad as my veg option and pasta or cous cous as the carb. I would make the cous cous or pasta and then throw my salad in to it once cooked and stir it through. Bulked it all out.

I was allowed 1000 cals a day and certain things at certain meals. I found I was never hungry it was just a matter of picking carefully to get the biggest portion with my options.

It was incredibly boring but hey.- no one said this would be an easy ride! And it's a lot easier than the liquid pre op diet (I did that first but was lactose intolerant)

It is worth it in the end :)

I'm starting the low cal low carb low everything diet this weekend, and I have to say - as much as I hate milk, I'd rather be on the milk diet! All this weighing and measuring and limited choice is going to be a pain. But worth it in the end, I'll be following it to a T as I don't want to be sent home without surgery!

I'm starting the low cal low carb low everything diet this weekend, and I have to say - as much as I hate milk, I'd rather be on the milk diet! All this weighing and measuring and limited choice is going to be a pain. But worth it in the end, I'll be following it to a T as I don't want to be sent home without surgery!

You will do fine. I found it really easy after a few days :)

I'm defiantly not cheating it, would never want to risk the surgery or me! I'm sure when I adapt like you said it'll get easier after a few days!
On the plus the numbers on the scales are dropping like crazy!

Oh cry - this was meant to be me. I was so looking forwarding to joining the August Oppers group - scheduled 13th Aug for bypass - but I've been postponed pending further investigations.

I completely understand and agree re postponement but had bought my shakes reading to start pre op next week. Instead I'm anxiously waiting for another letter with date for further tests.

I'll carry on standing at sidelines, cheering you all on :)

Oh sorry to hear that your op was postpond ICAWM! Hope they sort and investigate everything as quick as possible and you will be soon having your surgery!

It must be frustrating.. And tiring to wait even more, but your health and safety is first! ;) so keep positive :)

Oh cry - this was meant to be me. I was so looking forwarding to joining the August Oppers group - scheduled 13th Aug for bypass - but I've been postponed pending further investigations. I completely understand and agree re postponement but had bought my shakes reading to start pre op next week. Instead I'm anxiously waiting for another letter with date for further tests. I'll carry on standing at sidelines, cheering you all on :)

Sorry to hear that love! :(

But as you say you understand the reason why and hopefully there will be a follow up letter confirming ur good to go xx

Anyone having insomnia on the pre op diet? My sleeping pattern has flown out the window!

Me too, I have just been putting it down to being nervous about my operation on Friday, I can't believe it has come so quickly. I am having my pre op assessment tomorrow as well as seeing the dietician for the first time. I hope everything goes well and the sleeve operation goes ahead as planned for Friday 1st August!

Me too, I have just been putting it down to being nervous about my operation on Friday, I can't believe it has come so quickly. I am having my pre op assessment tomorrow as well as seeing the dietician for the first time. I hope everything goes well and the sleeve operation goes ahead as planned for Friday 1st August!

Good luck for your pre op! I had mine on Thursday and was pretty straight forward!
My lack of sleep literally came when I started ore op!
Perhaps it's the realisation!

I'm at St Anthonys on Aug 16th under Mr Reddy but saw Mr Wan when I went for the surgical interview and he was lovely ...... both excited and terrified at the same time!!!

Oh cry - this was meant to be me. I was so looking forwarding to joining the August Oppers group - scheduled 13th Aug for bypass - but I've been postponed pending further investigations.

I completely understand and agree re postponement but had bought my shakes reading to start pre op next week. Instead I'm anxiously waiting for another letter with date for further tests.

I'll carry on standing at sidelines, cheering you all on :)

I was so sorry to read this - you must have been really disappointed :( I hope you get sorted asap.

I'm at St Anthonys on Aug 16th under Mr Reddy but saw Mr Wan when I went for the surgical interview and he was lovely ...... both excited and terrified at the same time!!!

Oh they finally gave you the date! Remember reading how you were stuck in spring!

So happy for you!! :)

Good luck.

Back