• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2014 Surgeries

Had my pre opp assessment yesterday, had lads of blood taken, had a ECG and saw both the bariatric nurse and dietician. 2and half hours later I was finished with.

I was told that when I was discharged I would be given injections to take home with me to prevent dvt, I did not realise I would need to self-inject! Has anyone else been told about this and how long we're you told you will need to inject yourself? I was also told the day before the surgery I would need to have liquid only diet. What have other people been told to do?
2 more nights to get through!

Had my pre opp assessment yesterday, had lads of blood taken, had a ECG and saw both the bariatric nurse and dietician. 2and half hours later I was finished with. I was told that when I was discharged I would be given injections to take home with me to prevent dvt, I did not realise I would need to self-inject! Has anyone else been told about this and how long we're you told you will need to inject yourself? I was also told the day before the surgery I would need to have liquid only diet. What have other people been told to do? 2 more nights to get through!

Hi I had the bloods ECG ect but didn't seen a dietician on my pre op!
I also haven't been given injections I asked my provider after seeing people mention it and they don't send you home with injections pre or post!
I also don't have to do liquid only, I have to stop eating at midnight and stop water at 6am
Just shows you how each hospital varies

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi All, Im due to have a sleeve privately on the 26th August. I was initially booked in for June but got cold feet. After two more months of struggling with food it convinced me the sleeve was the only way to stop this ongoing battle with my weight.

Hi All, Im due to have a sleeve privately on the 26th August. I was initially booked in for June but got cold feet. After two more months of struggling with food it convinced me the sleeve was the only way to stop this ongoing battle with my weight.

Good luck!!

Well tomorrow I start on the slim fast having just had a weeks holiday and feeling very pogged! It's three weeks and four days until my sleeve!

Well tomorrow I start on the slim fast having just had a weeks holiday and feeling very pogged! It's three weeks and four days until my sleeve!

Good luck I'm on day 7 of the pre op diet.
It does get easier as the days get on!
And it really works 1st 10lbs down ?

Good luck I'm on day 7 of the pre op diet.
It does get easier as the days get on!
And it really works 1st 10lbs down ?

Wow, that's quite a drop! I started on Monday, and I'm down about 5 or 6 pounds. My diet is a low cal restrictive diet, what are you on?

Wow, that's quite a drop! I started on Monday, and I'm down about 5 or 6 pounds. My diet is a low cal restrictive diet, what are you on?

I did about 10 days low cal before my official pre op then I'm on low cal / low carb. So today I've eaten

One slice of toast with tiny spread of flora light

50g chicken 50g pasta with chopped tomatoes and veg

1/2 a ham salad sandwich ( no spread sauces ect)

I have just finished packing my bag, I hope I have not forgotten anything. I have been told that I could only have liquids the day before the surgery so I have just had a protein shake and I am going to have a relaxing bath as I have been feeling anxious all day. I have to be at the hospital for 6.30 am tomorrow so I will be leaving at 5.30am a nice early start lol!

I have just finished packing my bag, I hope I have not forgotten anything. I have been told that I could only have liquids the day before the surgery so I have just had a protein shake and I am going to have a relaxing bath as I have been feeling anxious all day. I have to be at the hospital for 6.30 am tomorrow so I will be leaving at 5.30am a nice early start lol!

Good luck and best wishes, see you when your on the losers bench!

I did about 10 days low cal before my official pre op then I'm on low cal / low carb. So today I've eaten

One slice of toast with tiny spread of flora light

50g chicken 50g pasta with chopped tomatoes and veg

1/2 a ham salad sandwich ( no spread sauces ect)

Hm, not far off from my intake for today:

Yoghurt and 1 cup blueberries

Cucumber slices and a boiled egg

3 small potatoes with onion and no fat spread and 3.5 tbsp beans

Ovaltine in 190ml milk (I'm a vegetarian, so it is a bit trickier to find things that work for the plan!) - below my limits for fruit, oils and carbs.

Hm, not far off from my intake for today: Yoghurt and 1 cup blueberries Cucumber slices and a boiled egg 3 small potatoes with onion and no fat spread and 3.5 tbsp beans Ovaltine in 190ml milk (I'm a vegetarian, so it is a bit trickier to find things that work for the plan!) - below my limits for fruit, oils and carbs.[/QUOTE

I think it also all depends on your starting weight I was very heavy at 24st 10lbs when I started so that would probably account for my losses!

I think it also all depends on your starting weight I was very heavy at 24st 10lbs when I started so that would probably account for my losses!

Day one of pre op, I was 23 stone...so I was hoping for a bit more like yours! (same rationale as you :) )

Good luck!! X

Day one of pre op, I was 23 stone...so I was hoping for a bit more like yours! (same rationale as you :) )

A loss is a loss, don't forget!
mines slowing down now so give it time I imagine we will even out.
I think I need to drink more to get mine moving again. When's your op date again?

Yey! 25 days to go...started on slimfast today to detox for a week before the pre-op diet.
I was back at work today after a week away, my trousers felt snug!!
Who is having what and when?

Yey! 25 days to go...started on slimfast today to detox for a week before the pre-op diet. I was back at work today after a week away, my trousers felt snug!! Who is having what and when?

I'm having a bypass on the 9th at st Anthony's cheam. You?
Good luck I did a diet before the pre op diet to help me prepare was defiantly worth it!

Back