• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2014 Surgeries

Hi ladies, I was wondering how you are all getting on post op? I'm experiencing severe tiredness - I went to Tesco today and could barely manage to walk round and shop. By the time my husband came to pick me up, I wanted to crawl into bed and stay there! I'm putting this down to a severe lack of calories as I know I'm not eating enough and definitely not getting enough protein. Hopefully, stage two which starts on Saturday for me, will enable me to consume some more protein. I'm also getting breathless when I start to do things like housework. Is anyone else having the same issues?

I had my bypass on the 9th
I've been back to work two weeks and looking after a two year old and a 9 month old come nap time I'm shattered! Although a quick sit down and I just about make it to 6pm although as soon as I get home it's shower pjs chill!
I go through bouts some days I seem to be able to drink nothing and eat nothing and others I do well. The last few days I've not really be able to eat/ drink much without being too full! Because if this I've had a pounding headache all day and feeling very dizzy and week! I do find the days I do nothing I feel even worse and sluggish!

Haven't been breathless, although keep getting leg cramps! Really annoying!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi ladies, I was wondering how you are all getting on post op?

I'm experiencing severe tiredness - I went to Tesco today and could barely manage to walk round and shop. By the time my husband came to pick me up, I wanted to crawl into bed and stay there!

I'm putting this down to a severe lack of calories as I know I'm not eating enough and definitely not getting enough protein.

Hopefully, stage two which starts on Saturday for me, will enable me to consume some more protein.

I'm also getting breathless when I start to do things like housework.

Is anyone else having the same issues?

I'm not getting breathless, but my goodness, I'm exhausted. A trip around Tesco is like a marathon, and I find myself sitting in my car for over five minutes before I feel up to driving.

I've only been working half days last week and this (taking the other half as annual leave) and by lunchtime when I go home, I'm ready for a snooze.

I'm thinking it is the same as you - not enough protein and calories. I calculated today that on purée I'm still only getting 200 calories.

At least I started my vitamins and ferrous sulphate, which I also hope helps as next week I'll need to start working full days!

I saw the bariatric nurse today and she said tiredness is normal because of the reduced calories and weightloss - apparently when we change to solid food - things get better. I'm six weeks out and no longer need naps xx

Wow I am suprised how soon some have gone back to work, as I was told at least a month to rest and recover as it is a major op ( I had a sleeve 11th Aug).
I do get bouts of extreme tiredness, but also thinking it could be boredom as not used to just sitting about.
I am going back to work next Monday, with great support from work who are putting an extra adult into class and the agreement if it is too much, I am to go home!
Still have a little tightness around lower wound, but being 5'2 I find it's the spot that is against work surfaces and table height when sitting, plus the old undercackers were rubbing against it, so gone super sized and wear then Simon Cowell stylee almost under the ever sagging chesticles to stop the friction rub!
I am onto puree stage and feeling better getting some calories and as much protein in as I can, without actually mooing!
Sleeping pattern totally gone to pot though!
Trying to stear clear of the dreaded scales as they ran my life pre op, just know I finally have ankles and not cankles, and fingers not chipolatas!

I am two weeks. Post op today and this is the first day I have not needed at least one nap. Yesterday I was out cold for an hour in the afternoon then another two hours last night and then I fall into bed and sleep till about 5.30am

Wow I am suprised how soon some have gone back to work, as I was told at least a month to rest and recover as it is a major op ( I had a sleeve 11th Aug).
I do get bouts of extreme tiredness, but also thinking it could be boredom as not used to just sitting about.
I am going back to work next Monday, with great support from work who are putting an extra adult into class and the agreement if it is too much, I am to go home!
Still have a little tightness around lower wound, but being 5'2 I find it's the spot that is against work surfaces and table height when sitting, plus the old undercackers were rubbing against it, so gone super sized and wear then Simon Cowell stylee almost under the ever sagging chesticles to stop the friction rub!
I am onto puree stage and feeling better getting some calories and as much protein in as I can, without actually mooing!
Trying to stear clear of the dreaded scales as they ran my life pre op, just know I finally have ankles and not cankles, and fingers not chipolatas!
Ankles are seriously underrated and I'm loving mine lol. I think it is a good idea to avoid the scales. I've just had my first weigh-in at six weeks today - and now going to weigh myself monthly. Had a little giggle at the Simon Cowell image x

Wow I am suprised how soon some have gone back to work, as I was told at least a month to rest and recover as it is a major op ( I had a sleeve 11th Aug). I do get bouts of extreme tiredness, but also thinking it could be boredom as not used to just sitting about. I am going back to work next Monday, with great support from work who are putting an extra adult into class and the agreement if it is too much, I am to go home! Still have a little tightness around lower wound, but being 5'2 I find it's the spot that is against work surfaces and table height when sitting, plus the old undercackers were rubbing against it, so gone super sized and wear then Simon Cowell stylee almost under the ever sagging chesticles to stop the friction rub! I am onto puree stage and feeling better getting some calories and as much protein in as I can, without actually mooing! Sleeping pattern totally gone to pot though! Trying to stear clear of the dreaded scales as they ran my life pre op, just know I finally have ankles and not cankles, and fingers not chipolatas!

I had to go back after two weeks off being a nanny it's not like someone can step in for me and my boss was going back after maternity leave.
I have also had the two weeks off paid as I'm
Using my holiday to go away in November so this is generous of them as it comes out of their pocket rather than a company pot. Having said that they have made up the spare room for me should I need to lie down during nap time and constantly ask how I am and if I need help ( they offered to hire me a nanny to work along side me)
I am tired don't get me wrong but it's bearable and helping me sleep well at night, so I have felt fine to continue working alone without the help
I'm in no pain around the surgery site ect I guess everyone just heals differently I'm also very young at 23 that could make a difference in the rate my body bounced back ect not that I'm calling anyone old! ;)

Amazing - you are a warrior woman :)

I got antibiotics in oral suspension omg sooo disgusting to take I actually gag... And have 2nd set from dentist ... :(

Ugh, yes. I also had antibiotics oral suspension for a sinus infection a week after my op. Vile. Vile. Vile. I gagged as well, and the horrid taste lingers forever!

I work for a small company, and they were generous to pay for 2 weeks sick time immediately post op - policy is that it is paid at the discretion. That's why I'm using half days annual leave last week and this so I'm not pushing myself too hard.

Hope your return goes smoothly!

And cankles, be gone! So pleased to actually see my ankles again, I never thought I would!

Ugh, yes. I also had antibiotics oral suspension for a sinus infection a week after my op. Vile. Vile. Vile. I gagged as well, and the horrid taste lingers forever! I work for a small company, and they were generous to pay for 2 weeks sick time immediately post op - policy is that it is paid at the discretion. That's why I'm using half days annual leave last week and this so I'm not pushing myself too hard. Hope your return goes smoothly! And cankles, be gone! So pleased to actually see my ankles again, I never thought I would!

Oh shell it does!!! Even brushing teeth after !! Only 5 more days of them xx

I noticed my ankles appearing lately lol, I don't need struggle zipping up my ankle boots xx

Just had my follow up with Mr Wan my surgeon,
He requested to see me again after my complications and hospital admission post op!
Phew he's pleased with my recovery and doesn't need to see me for six months!
Although he did worryingly great me with " oh it's the one who gave me a fright"

I replied " that's reassuring" :eek:

Hospital scaled said I'm 21st 4lb
Down from 24st 10lb on July 14th

Thanks everyone!!

How's every one doing/ feeling?

I start soft foods tomorrow! Finally real food!

Oh Lauren I'm jealous lol. I'm moving over next Wednesday

Let us know how you get in and give us some ideas for meals

Oh Lauren I'm jealous lol. I'm moving over next Wednesday Let us know how you get in and give us some ideas for meals

I will do I've cooked up quorn mince and made a chilli as it's really high in protein and low in fat the added beans add more protein and fibre so I'm hoping that one works out well because it will help reach my protein target which so far I haven't managed yet!

Back