• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2014 Surgeries

BluewooFedUp

Hia All

I know it's July but it's nearly the start of my Pre Op diet so I'd love to know if there are any others out there due for surgery in August 2014.

I'm hopefully in on 2 August 2014 at Coventry UHCW.

Fingers crossed

BW

Lincs Lass

Good luck to all August-ers xx

wilb32

Hi I was given 4th August for my gastric bypass surgery in Treliske Cornwall but unfortunately had to decline due to staff shortages at work over the school holidays so hopefully will be hearing soon with a date for September

lauren25

Thank you I'm super excited with nerves added to the mix!
I'm having a bypass so will be interesting to hear the journey of a bander!
Good luck too!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

lauren25

What's all you august oppers pre op diets?
I decided to do my own diet for two weeks before pre op diet starts to get me used to less calories ect so have been doing 1000 cals per day. I have actually lost 14lbs in a week so super excited to see what another week brings! Then it's the two weeks hardcore 50g protein 50g carb!
I think I'm so motivated this time as I know what's waiting for me at the end!

sharon2014

What's all you august oppers pre op diets? I decided to do my own diet for two weeks before pre op diet starts to get me used to less calories ect so have been doing 1000 cals per day. I have actually lost 14lbs in a week so super excited to see what another week brings! Then it's the two weeks hardcore 50g protein 50g carb! I think I'm so motivated this time as I know what's waiting for me at the end! Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hey Lauren!

I'm like yourself, started my own mini pre diet pre op before, sticking to under 1000cals a day, been aiming for 70g protein a day and been using protein powder and shakes and having soup or salad at lunch then salad and a protein like steak/chicken or fish with it..I have had no obvious carbs but still get some with milk etc!

I have lost 10lbs! Not really followed up with any exercise but plan to change that!! I got my diet sheet in and TBH not that different so I'm keeping doing what doing!! :)

Best of luck and well done on your 14lbs amazing start!!! Xxx

Stacey83

Due to have a gastric sleeve on the 1st August at the Spires Roding (Essex), surgeon Mr Reddy Mannur. i am starting to feel nervous now and hating the pre op diet!

Hi there

I had my sleeve with Mr Mannur at Homerton on 30 April and he is AMAZING! Like actually one of the best bariatric surgeon's in the world and very highly regarded amongst his peers, you are in safe hands. If you look him up on you tube you can watch interviews with him and him doing surgery!
Best of luck.
Stacey

purplepansyem

Crazy Cat Lady ;)
I'm having a gastric sleeve on 23rd August at St. Anthony's in Cheam so I'll be starting the pre-op diet on 9th Aug. I decided to start with the soup and yoghurt diet and will definitely be cutting down a week before to hopefully 'shrink' my stomach a little.

I'm looking forward to reading everyone's experiences :)

BluewooFedUp

Hi there

I had my sleeve with Mr Mannur at Homerton on 30 April and he is AMAZING! Like actually one of the best bariatric surgeon's in the world and very highly regarded amongst his peers, you are in safe hands. If you look him up on you tube you can watch interviews with him and him doing surgery!
Best of luck.
Stacey

Stacey, That's a great idea, I didn't think to look at You Tube.

I've just had a look and found my surgeon (hopefully) Dr Vinod Menon on You Tube I found this one where he talks about the Band 69- Dr Jha meets with Mr Vinod Menon - Consultant General and Bariatric Surgeon

It's not the surgery I'm having but I like the way he explains things

lauren25

I'm having a gastric sleeve on 23rd August at St. Anthony's in Cheam so I'll be starting the pre-op diet on 9th Aug. I decided to start with the soup and yoghurt diet and will definitely be cutting down a week before to hopefully 'shrink' my stomach a little. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's experiences :)

Ohh great to see someone else is at st Anthony's!! I'm on the 6th though!
Day 7 of my pre, pre op diet and I'm used to it hoping it will defiantly help with the pre op!
What surgeon are you under?

lauren25

Hey Lauren! I'm like yourself, started my own mini pre diet pre op before, sticking to under 1000cals a day, been aiming for 70g protein a day and been using protein powder and shakes and having soup or salad at lunch then salad and a protein like steak/chicken or fish with it..I have had no obvious carbs but still get some with milk etc! I have lost 10lbs! Not really followed up with any exercise but plan to change that!! I got my diet sheet in and TBH not that different so I'm keeping doing what doing!! :) Best of luck and well done on your 14lbs amazing start!!! Xxx

Well done! I've been doing aqua fit and swimming, Super if like me you can't run and hate the gym!
I have got some protein powder but as yet I'm too scared to try it! I hate milk or anything that tastes like milk!