• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2014 Surgeries

SHARONA

At last after 3 weeks of not loosing any weight I finally lost 1 pound last week and 4 pounds this week bringing my total weight loss to 66 pounds (4 stones and 10 pounds) in 23 weeks! Not as much as I hoped as I wanted to even out to a stone a month but I am so happy that I have lost this much weight and I hope it continues until I loose another 90 pounds to reach my goal!:talk017::talk017:
Well done hun keep going . Im struggling to lose any in last three weeks!! X

Kar8858

Hi august opers...well its 5 months today since my op so just a quick update, today im 8st 8lbs, that a loss of 4st 4lbs since the 4th August when I started my pre op diet.
Im now a size 10 from a size 18 and really pleased.
I now know what to eat and when and what not to eat. I have still had treats like chocolate and flapjack but as part of my daily healthy eating.
I can still only eat very small amounts but stick to a similar diet each week of yoghurt, cereal and mini meals. I am averaging 40g of protein a day which isnt enough I know but I am getting tonnes of calcium so at least thats covered. I take a centrium chewable vitamin each day and a morrisons chewable one too. I eat fruit each week, melon, grapes and oranges are fine.
So in all im still a happy bunny, im 1lb from my next weight target so dont know what will happen from there...whether i will maintain or keep losing..its all trial and error.

Hope the other august 'ers are doing well.....

Congratulation Karina on your excellent weight loss! I have now lost 68 pounds and hoping I make it to 70 pounds (5 stones) by the 1st February which will be 6 months since I had surgery (1st August 2014). I hope all the others who had surgery in August are also doing well ....

lauren25

Well done wish I was 8st!!!

I'm doing well although I thought my weight loss had slowed down last week I lost 3lbs so that made me happy!
I've stepped up the gym so out with the Aqua as its far too easy for me these days my new schedule is

Monday 30 min run
Tuesday - spin class
Thursday- run
Friday- Zumba
Sat- circuit training
Sunday - Aqua ( so I have an excuse to use the jacuzzi after hahaha)

I'm finding this is helping shift the inches too as last August I was a size 26/28 im now in 16/18 although a few 20s are needed to hide my horrible saggy skin!!
Good luck to everyone at there 6month check up!!

Lauren that's fantastic you are the Queen of exercising! You have done so amazingly well to keep that high level of exercising up, congratulations as that is not an easy task. You have been rewarded with your excellent weight loss and the reduction in inches! Keep up the good work and before long you will be at your target.

lauren25

Lauren that's fantastic you are the Queen of exercising! You have done so amazingly well to keep that high level of exercising up, congratulations as that is not an easy task. You have been rewarded with your excellent weight loss and the reduction in inches! Keep up the good work and before long you will be at your target.

Thank you, although my bum often does not thank me on a Wednesday morning!!

Kar8858

Now then August buddies...well we are all coming up on 6 months post op...mine is the 26th so a few weeks away yet. I can report that 6 months out I am still delighted with my sleeve, totally happy with my choice and touch wood, no issues. I have been losing a pound a week steadily so I dont know if im due a stall, more loss or a gain.
At my actual 6 month date I will do a weight loss summary..I know they say the honeymoon period is the first six months, well if thats the case Im pleased my my results..ive lost four and a half stone from the start of my journey at the start of August 2014.

I know others have had ups and downs and its been an emotional roller coaster for many. I think sticking together on here has helped us all...

sharon2014

Now then August buddies...well we are all coming up on 6 months post op...mine is the 26th so a few weeks away yet. I can report that 6 months out I am still delighted with my sleeve, totally happy with my choice and touch wood, no issues. I have been losing a pound a week steadily so I dont know if im due a stall, more loss or a gain. At my actual 6 month date I will do a weight loss summary..I know they say the honeymoon period is the first six months, well if thats the case Im pleased my my results..ive lost four and a half stone from the start of my journey at the start of August 2014. I know others have had ups and downs and its been an emotional roller coaster for many. I think sticking together on here has helped us all...

Aww mines is 23rd!! Can't believe it's 6mths already! I remember we were just chatting about it!!! Crazy!!

Karina you have done amazing!!

I'm still delighted with my band! Not every day is easy but I knew that beforehand and I'm still losing! 4st 4.5lbs so not bad for almost 6mths! If I could do around that again I'd be nearly at target for the next 6! X

Kar8858

Sharon you have worked so well with your band!! Your loss is great too...what a difference 6 months makes!

My six month anniversary was on 1st August and I have achieved 70 pounds lost (5 stones) I can't believe how quickly the time has passed, I have had a few stalls along the way and my average weight loss the last few months has been a pound a week. I finally sum up my courage and went Aqua Zumba on Friday night which I enjoyed but I know that I would not have been able to do six months ago. I am extremely happy with my sleeve and despite being really anxious about the operation due to having a band removed eight years ago ( as it had eroded into my stomach) I am so glad that I went a head and I do not regret my decision. Each day gets better and I am now managing to eat a little more although I still can't tolerate meat and chicken! I hope that I continue to loose steadily in the six months. Finally, I want to say a bid thank you to you all as you are so supportive, helpful and non judgemental, it's so nice to be able experience our highs and lows with friends who truly understand. Keep on sharing and good luck to you all as you approach your 6 month anniversary. Xxx

shell-

Wow. Time flies! Just realised today is my six month opiversary!

Running short on time, but...here's some stats:

Since I met my surgeon on 10 July 2014 - 100.6 pounds lost
Since op day - 11 August 2014 - 82.9 pounds lost

I went to the op wearing about a size 28/30 (32 if no stretch)
Today I'm wearing an 18 (20 if no stretch)

Frustratingly, I've been stuck in a size 18 jeans since Christmas - despite over a 20 pound loss since then!! The 18s are falling off of me, the 16s don't go over my hips. Sob.

Loving my sleeve. Best thing I've ever done for myself.

kurstywursty

I am up on 20th. Lost just under4 stone

Love the band though it's been harder than I ever imagined

So proud of us all

Shell feel you pain re the jeans. 16s are getting too big but the 14s just too tight. Tried on a 15 in frasers but at £124 I just couldn't justify it so on a huge push up till I go on holiday to try to get into those 14s from Tesco ;-)

I have less than two stone to goal now so hopefully achieve this for my years anniversay