• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August or November?

bearded_cavalier

I have decided I will probably pay privately for my gastric sleeve. I have already been offered a slot by a well-renowned surgeon in late August. Only issue is that less than 3 weeks later I need to do some travelling - a short trip to Prague followed by a short trip to the Netherlands. Work is all desk-based, nothing physical. Then I am scheduled to fly to Australia in early October, exactly 6 weeks after the August date.

I am wondering whether I would be fit enough to do these trips, or should I play it safe and delay the surgery until early November?

Surgeon seems to think I would be fine with all of these, though he recommended heparin injections for the long haul flight. I wonder whether it is all a bit soon.

Would be interested to know of others' experiences with travel after surgery and when they felt fit to do it?

It would probably be sensible to delay things until November, but now I have made the decision to have the surgery I really want it asap!

I have decided I will probably pay privately for my gastric sleeve. I have already been offered a slot by a well-renowned surgeon in late August. Only issue is that less than 3 weeks later I need to do some travelling - a short trip to Prague followed by a short trip to the Netherlands. Work is all desk-based, nothing physical. Then I am scheduled to fly to Australia in early October, exactly 6 weeks after the date of surgery.

I am wondering whether I would be fit enough to do these trips, or should I play it safe and delay the surgery until early November?

Surgeon seems to think I would be fine with all of these, though he recommended heparin injections for the long haul flight. I wonder whether it is all a bit soon.

Would be interested to know of others' experiences with travel after surgery and when they felt fit to do it?

It would probably be sensible to delay things until November, but now I have made the decision to have the surgery I really want it asap!

I was the same I self funded and wanted it NOW, I had a bypass not a sleeve, I would say leave it until later as even though I was back to work it took me a while to stop feeling tired I think less than 3 weeks to be carrying/pulling cases and dealing with airports would be a bit too much :)

Good luck with whatever you choose x

Back