• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lurker no more , life is leaner on the other side

topboi2009

Surgery date confirmed - I know life will be leaner on the other side

My journey to this point has been epic , a tale fit for Disney or a west end stage. Like alot of members on this board my story did not start on the day I went to the gp’s and asked for surgery it started many many years before. Dont worry I won’t type my novel in this post.

Im so excited I can’t believe it! I thought I would have such a long wait and was looking to be done in 2010 because my second opinion referral only went through in August. Since getting my news this week I’ve booked a trip to LA next year and started planning my Birthday. I’m so happy that I’ll have the band before xmas as that would of sent in to the 130kg’s.

Persistence pays believe me

Last edited:
Soo pleased your getting the lap band, I had it fitted 5 weeks ago today and I am 33lbs down including my 2wk pre op diet, I am still 273lbs but I feel sooo much better already

I am only 22yr old so know how you feel and if u eva wanna talk just add me to msn [email protected] or message me xx

HiYa,
Just wanted to welcome you to the Land of Mins.
Thankyou for sharing your story it was very touching and you are brave to do so.
I am so pleased for you That you have been accepted for a band and wish you all the very best on your weightloss journey!
Good Luck!!!

Hi

I am 21 and had the bypass on 1st May! best thing i ever did! Age isnt an issue in my eyes. Doing something about your weight now should be seen as a good thing, would people prefer you to be over weight for another 10 years and then do something about it? Course not! Well done on getting this far and good luck with the rest of your journey! and its good to have another young bloke on here, seems to be mostly women ;-) x

Welcome topboi2009 to MiniMins,

I hope you will make yourself at home and if you need any help please ask.

Congratulations on your good news!!!

Love Mini xxx

Welcome to MM's and congratulations on getting your date. I wish you all the best. I am pleased that you have managed to get the refferal and am sure you will be able to have a new start.

Welcome to Minis, you really will get a lot of support from the people here ... it takes a lot of courage to go through what you have been through and I wish you all the very best. Look forward to seeing you around and for your updates

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes.
Mark I haven't caught your posts before but we have to update each other as we are the only guys our age on here.

Hi Top - welcome to minis...excellent forum with excellent support.
I am 23 and had the bypass 27th April, currently 5 stone down and no regrets.
I wish you every success in your journey and wish you the very best of luck!

Sally xx

hi, welcome to minis. congratulations on getting your date. you have been through a lot to get it and you deserve it. you have been very brave to share your story with us and now having your band i'm sure you have a much brighter future ahead of you. i was banded 6 and a half weeks ago and i'm delighted with my progress so far.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

I've decided to start my pre op early. The sheet they gave me is basically the atkins diet so its very low carbs.

Its ok so far ...we'll have to see how it goes.

Congrats to you, and I can't believe how mature you seem for a twenty year old!

Very best of luck on your weightloss journey. :cross:

Cuppacocoa xx

Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

I've decided to start my pre op early. The sheet they gave me is basically the atkins diet so its very low carbs.

Its ok so far ...we'll have to see how it goes.

Check out the Atkins forum here!

Jim has done exceptionally well on it and he will be able to give you some advice and support as well as the others in the forum who are on it.

Here is the link below!

Atkins Diet - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

Love Mini xxx

Thanks for the link mini.

UPDATE...

Decided to ring the hospital yesterday to see when my pre op checks will take place.....There were none on the system however I was told I had an appointment today ... I tried to get a different date because 24hrs notice isn't reasonable but apparently there was nothing until my after my surgery date.

So I rang the bariatrics line and it turns out the number I have is my surgeons direct line ....lol....well my surgeon is pleasant but very professional so he always finishes his comments with " however I am not certain and can not presume these things..." anyway he said that he didn't think I needed this extra appointment (respiratory) and he thinks that ill get through with funding given what has already been listed.

Im going to try and see if I can attend the appointment today , but I've got so much on at work leaving early at such short notice will be "fine" but fine with raised eyebrows...

Anyway have to rush just found out on the news that there is problems with my train.....This day is going to be crazy ..i can tell

Good luck with your weight loss journey & hope ya day gets better!!!!

Another update.

Well after getting over the lavish diversion my train took this morning due to a fire at one of the stations , I managed to get the time of work to make this appointment.

I will reveal the trust I have been dealing with after all my surgery is complete, I must say that in comparison to the other Trusts I have dealt with this trust has been good 4 months from referral to the current op date I have been given.

I turned up right on time. I didn't know where to go and unlike a bariatrics appointment you cant just spot a group of fat people and know your in the right department. .....

I waited so long I was actually tired by the time I got in to the consultation room I didn't have the energy to talk ...any way after a two hour wait and a ten minute brief question and answer session it was found that I have low but not improbable signs of sleep apnea and I dont need to go for a sleep test which is great because I think that would of pushed my surgery date back.

Topboi,

Well done on getting your date! And to the people who think you should have to wait... I'm sure ALL of them wish they'd been able to have surgery at a younger age... You have a lot of years ahead of you and doing this will ensure you get the best out of them. :)

Back