• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

babies and the biological clock....

chubby funster

Has anyone been advised how long they should leave it post op before considering trying for a baby? They initially said 2years, then 12-18 months. I'm confused and not getting any younger!!

I haven't even had the op yet! Get me and my impatience!!! X

Most surgeons say 2 years, a few say 1. It will depend on you though, ideally you need to have reached a healthy weight and cracked maintaining as pregnancy us a big drain on your bodies resources and can be a hard time for weight management.

Saying that, I fell pregnant at 8 months post op, and reached my goal weight 1 month later. But it was a constant battle to eat enough calories for me and baby, and to stop losing. I wouldn't recommend it. Charlie was a small baby, and if you look at his growth charts it's obvious he should of been a good 2lbs heavier at birth. Some of that is due to my health problems but I think my low calorie intake contributed aswell, as my other child was a bigger baby and obviously I had the same health problems then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

great question! i think my surgeon said 12 - 18 months! im only 24 and would love a family of my own! donna wanna be a fat mum tho so itl be worth the wait xxxx

Thanks all! I'm 31 this week, so want to get the weight off and get cracking as soon as I've lost a good amount! X

women have babies at 50 luv even older - dont worry about it hun! youll get there xxxx

I was told 2 years and am currently waiting for my surgery.
At 32 today, it worries me more and more as time goes on, especially as I would love to have more than one child.

Same here guys, i'm 34 and would love a family. Id be happy with just the one....bring on the surgery!!!

Back