• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Baby Jayne's W/L Diary..date booked for G/Band 25th April 2009

baby jayne

Hi Everyone

I have finally booked the date for my Gastric Band Op...and am TERRIFIED!!!
I am first down (I am cheeky so I asked Surgeon) on 25th April for my G/Band Op, but reality is hitting me now and I am so scared.
My fear is not going in hospital or my life after Surgery as they are decisions I have really looked into, but I feel so selfish that I am putting my life at risk and have 2 children and a husband that would be left behind. I am scared that I may not wake up again.
I made myself worse by asking too many questions and now I can't get the surgery out of my head.
2 weeks today I should be out of Surgery and done and dusted, but the fear is really hard.
So here is the start of my diary..

I am 37 years and 8 months. A mother and wife to my husband Des and children Steven & Ashleigh aged 19 and 17.

I just want to be able to walk into any shop on the high street and buy clothes I like and not just ones that fit. :party0011:

I want to go on holiday and actually get in the pool.:character00238:

I would like to not get swollen ankles every time I go away.:(

I want to live a healthier life that will help my PCOS as weight loss is a big issue with this condition.:D

Don't want much eh???lol.:)

How do I change my weight loss ticker as I have put on weight since I put it on lol.
Also I wanted to add more tickers.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi baby Jayne I had the same worries I was banded 4/2/09 But the way I looked at it I was putting my life at risk being the weight I was, Its very hard but not long to wait and you will be fine Good Luck and look forward to reading how you get on. XX

hi baby jayne, dont worry you are not alone in these thoughts, i feel exactly the same and as an ex midwife you'd think i'd know better lol. my band is being done on 27th and i feel everything you have written :( but im sure everyone who has had wls has had the same thoughts.

good luck with everything and i cant wait to hear how you get on xx

Hi Jayne, I think we all have those thoughts because its natural to fear the unknown.I myself am scared of leaving my family but I think I would rather go like that than them having to watch me suffer a long painful death. It may sound really morbid but thats how I feel plus the fact they know I was trying to make my life better if you know what I mean

Hi
I dont have a date as yet, I am 32 (almost 33) have a hubby and three kids ages 6,4 and 16 months. I will be having a band and the thoughts are exactly teh same as yours. I know though that shoudl all go well my life after will be 100% better I will have energy and feel happy and be able to do things i have not yet done, my kids have only ever known me fat, so has my hubby really so the shock will be in their faces
Please do not think that this is selfish at all, you are doing it for you yes but also for them. I too cant wait to take my kids swimming run in the park I also have pcos which i hope will get better
Good luck for the 25th xxx you will be fine HONEST xxx

Thanks everyone them words have cheered me up and helped with my fears.
I am having my Operation at the Alexander in Manchester, my Surgeon in Prof Basil Amouri.

Goodluck with your Operation, where is yours Mazza?

Last edited:
Getting nervous now...but won't pull out!! (feel like running a mile!)

What a chicken I am. Thought I would write down my feelings so I can look back on this hopefully and think what was all the worry about.

5 days to go now, started my low fat liver shrinking diet and am hungry, but am trying to persevere!!

nearly there!! i know the pre-op diet is bad but im sure it will be worth it! im on day 6 of 12! im sure nerves is all part of the weight loss journey and we will all feel what were we worried about post op! good luck with the diet x

2 days to go, cough still not shifting. Surgeon and Anaethetist want to check me out before Op, so may get re-booked but he says he thinks will be fine.
Getting my soap bag ready and a good clean of the house tomorrow should keep my mind of the event.

Thanks for all the support and I am sure you won't mind if I ask for a lot more after the Op!!

Hi Baby-Jayne - like the others have said you are completely normal having those thoughts and feelings. My children are all grown up now but to me they are still my babies and i have a wonderful husband but for the first time ever i have had the same thoughts and feelings as you, i've even thought about writing each of them a 'goodbye' letter!!!! I know i will come through my op when it comes and i know my wonderful family will be there to get me through the difficult bits, you are not being selfish you want to be a healthy, active and longterm mum for your children and a wife that will see all her anniversaries with her husband x

Still in limbo

Hi All

I am still unsure if I am having my Op in the morning as I still have a cough.
Will soon no as I have to be there in 7 hours!!

Bye for now xx

sorry i didnt catch you before you went but good luck and hope the cough behaves so you get your op. x

Op got cancelled for 2 weeks, Surgeon not happy to go ahead with having a slightly high temp, sore throught and cough.
Would have been all done now as I was first on list...gutted~!!!

Back