• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back Home Again.

Mrs Quiggle

:cry:Well what can I say. My op was cancelled. Bit of a balls up altogether really. First there was a bed, then there wasn't. The there was, and after sitting in admissions for 7 hours we were taken up to the ward and exhausted from being up since 5am with no food or drink since the night before I laid on top of the bed until a nurse came along and said they needed the bed for another patient and changed it and wheeled it away. Then another nurse came along and said they were ready for me and I changed and we rushed down to the theatre, waited about 10 mins in a corridor and then the theatre manager and the surgeon came out and asked me to come along to the office. Just knew right then it was cancelled and had a complete melt down. :cry: I realise that there was an emergency and of course that had to come first but after waiting all that time and 3 years, and the build up of stress over the previous week was too much to handle.

I have a new date. 25th Nov will totally **** up work because of the job I do and it was messed up last year because I had a heart attack on the 20th Nov and was off until the week before Christmas so goodness knows what head office will say.

I'm totally gutted. Tim has gone out to get takeway now that I have a week before the bloody milk and yogurt again. :wave_cry::17729:
Love Kate x

oh kate im so sorry :( this has got to be one of the worst feelings :( big hugs (((((kate))))) xxx

Oh no! I've been thinking about you all day - but didn't imagine this!
Not long now Kate x and I worry about work too, but you've got to put yourself first sometimes.

Enjoy your tea.

Oh no that's awful...can't even try to think of how you're feeling...truly truly horrible day xxx

Kate

I don,t know what to say hun , i just can,t understand how you feel i am thinking of you
all my love

amanda

Oh hun thats awfull hun, i hope your okay and sending you a big hug xxxxxxxxxx

I feel numb to be honest but I also hope that the person who was the emergency is ok. It was a bariatric person who it had gone wrong for and their abdomen had all swollen up so the Dr told me. Praying for them too.

Kate x

So sorry Mrs Q. At least you'll probably be first on the list for the 25th, and there will be less chance of this happening again. You are so generous to be thinking about the person who had to take your theatre slot.

Kate im so sorry about your cancellation and the added stress you were put under. Fingers crossed that everything will go well for your next date. Thinking of you. xx

Oh heck what a horrible experience for you... I really feel for you and this is the one main dread of mine being cancelled at last minute. Thank goodness they have given you a new date to concentrate on and not kept you hanging waiting for that too.

I hope the emergency patient comes through ok.

I hope you at least enjoy your tea xxx

Kate,

So sorry to hear what you've been through today - nothing I can say will make it better.

At least you've got a new date and only have to wait another couple of weeks. Also, at least the extra time on the pre-op diet will prepare you for post-op!

Tatiana

Oh Honey, I could cry for you :cry: I realise the emergency had to come first but you must be devastated. Sending you wrap around hugs & hope the 25th comes quickly for you, sweetheart, mwah :grouphugg: xxx

Oh dear, how crushingly disappointing. And how awful that you have this horrible diet to do all over again. This is the first time I have heard of this. All that stress all over again. I really feel for you. Hope you enjoyed your takeaway.
I sincerely hope the person who needed the emergency surgery is on the way to a good recovery too.

Im so sorry for you hun (((((((((((hug)))))))))))).
Hope the emergency is ok that could have been any of us.

:wave_cry: Oh Kate, there is nothing more I can say that no one else has already said :mad: I hope you enjoyed your treat tonight. keep your chin up! xxx

Im gutted for you. I can't imagine the disappointment. Come the 25th it'll be a distant memory. Big hugs x

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Nightmare Kate ! The next weeks will wizz by , get all your Xmas stuff organised etc , in relation to the rest of your life 2 weeks isn't much ....& if you're swearing at me , I totally understand , hugs hun <3

What a lovely warm person you are to be thinking of the other lady when you must feel devastated.. I will be thinking of you on the 25th and pray that it all goes to plan. It will happen sweetie and we will all rejoice with you xxx

Back