• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'M SOOO GLAD IT'S OVER!!!!!

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
Hi everyone

well it's been 2 wks now since i had my bypass op and i'm doing well.
i went into hospital on the 11th of may at 6.00pm i had my blood pressure taken and was shown to my bed, my partner Lee stayed with me awhile and left around 8pm. The nurse came and gave me a blood thinning injection and i then got ready for bed. Next day i was woken around 5am for my blood pressure to be taken i hate that cos i can never get back to sleep!!! I got up around 7am and went to have a wash OMG my monthly's had come OH NO not the day before my op!! To make things worse i then had to take a laxative to flush me out it was the first time in my life that i've ever felt sorry for a toilet! after going to the loo about 7 times my stomach settled down. That evening around 7pm the nurse came to fit my drip, after 3 really painful attempts she still couldnt find a vain so had to call for the doctor on the ninth attempt both arms and hands pricked and bruised he finally got the needle in by this time and i had almost past out!
Wednesday 13th may was here, i'd waited so long for this day, my bypass was scheduled for 1pm i felt really possitive at this point and couldn't believe how calm i was, in a strange way i was almost looking forward to it!
1pm came and i did start to feel scared, Lee had been with me since 8am and had kept my spirits up, then at 1.15 the men in blue coats came and before i knew it i was on my way to theatre, a few tears rolled down my face, Lee kissed me and off i went. i seemed to get there in no time they asked me to get onto the theatre bed 3 strong men helped me up as i laid down the man on the left was talking to me, the man on my right was fiddling with my arm the next thing i knew i'd woken up in recovery and it was 6.10pm! the first thing i thought was IT'S OVER it was such a great feeling!!!!!!

So glad your back Lisa - and now your getting over the op and have become a loser on the losers bench.

Keep up the good work and look forward to watching your weight loss experience x

Lisa I too had my bypass on 13th May and I don't now about you but this is the best decission I have made in a long time. I also had a problwm with them being able to find a vein for the ventflon and also for blood test the bruise on my hand was nearly as bad the biggest one on my belly from the op,lol. Hope you are managing well on fluids.

Thanks for your replies, am doing ok on liquids have to do them for 4 wks so at least only 2 wks to go, i am having low fat yogurts and weight watchers soups at the moment and the odd banana smoothie thinned with skimmed milk, are we allowed highlights hot chocolate? finding the headhunger really hard especially when you have to serve the family their dinners! oh for some solid food!
lisa xxx

terri, i noticed your thread and our weight loss is really similar as well, it has been 4 wks now for me including the pre-op diet and i am 1lb short of losing 2 stone! what a great feeling that was and makes it all soooooo worth while!
lisa xxx

iinklii, it's my pleasure if i can help or advise you in anyway dont hesitate to ask.
lisa xxx

LOL :) LOL :)

Lisa had to laugh about the toilet, but now I'm wondering if they do that to eveyone. No one has mentioned it before, starting to worry :eek:.

no pinky... not everyone.......

i got the pleasure of TWO enemas :|

.x.

Hey Lisa,

Glad you have got through the first few weeks OK. Keep us updated with regards to your weight loss, I love hearing all the success stories!

xxx

forgot to say i had to have a catheter fitted on the morning of the op, poor nurse!!!!
lisa xxx

forgot to say i had to have a catheter fitted on the morning of the op, poor nurse!!!!
lisa xxx

Im a bit worried about having to have a catheter fitted when my op time comes...

does it hurt and how long is this usually left in place? :S

glad yours went well as well
lisa xxx

Hi lisa thanks for sharing your experiene wit us, and welcome to the losing team :) you will find your life changes is a lot of ways over the next few months

today is exactley 2 wks since op and it's the best i've felt, seeing dietician on friday she may be kind and allow me to go onto puree food, cant wait to get rid of this awful taste in my mouth it's been there for almost a month now it's like i've licked an old coin!!!
lisa xxx

Back