• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back to the gym!

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Well as the title suggests, its back to the gym for me!

Spinning yesterday
Yoga tomorrow
New Years Day - day off!
Spinning Monday
Swimming Tuesday
Spinning Wednesday

Thats it so far, can only book classes a week in advance but I cant wait, can you tell I like spinning he he :D

Anyone else got any plans to start / re start or change their regime?

Oooh well done you! Sounds fab - I hated the gym when I used to be a member so gave it up in the end - but I wish I could go now! I quite fancy a zumba class! Haha
Good on you and good luck dolly x

I need to start exercising so I am going to dig the Wii back out. I will never be a gym goer but I have got all sorts of exercise things for the Wii. I do not have my post op appointment until 14 January so will start off with some walking, now that I can walk more than 10 yards without collapsing and wait for my team to give me the all clear to do anything more strenuous.

I admire you Mazza - wish I could be more energetic.

tranquil

Thanks Sal

I have tried Zumba its good fun but when I go with my mate from work we just spend most of the time laughing!!

Im not a big fan of the gym but love the classes, especially when the local rugby club attend them ;)

Hi TB

You cant beat a good walk! fresh air will do you good too x

So true. About 15 months ago I had to start using a walking stick because of my weight. I have not used it for a few weeks but have not tested how far I can go without it. Mr TB and I are going to the park tomorrow to see how I manage. It got to the point that I dreaded walking anywhere - in fact I stopped walking and if I couldn't drive myself I got a taxi - I could not even manage the 7 - 10 minute walk from the station to my office. So tomorrow is going to be a big test for me. Wish me luck:D

tranquil

Ah, good luck! Im sure you will be fine, theres nothing like a walk around the park especially now the snow has gone x

I had six days off and didn't like it one bit so I was pleased to be able to get back there last night for a Spin class, even though my legs felt like they belonged to someone else after 30 minutes in :D

Back into the weights room today for a killer full body workout that I know will mean I can't move for three days LOL but the pain is like an old friend I miss it when its not there :eek:

I havent liked my days off either, glad to be back in the saddle now though :D

Im really looking forward to the Monday class as its normally fully booked, the instructor is great as he does a Sunday class too (not quite so popular at 8.45am though :rolleyes:)

My legs dont ache too much today and yoga will stretch them out, hope you dont ache too much after the weights :(

I get exhausted just reading about everyones exercise on here :eek: lol

I would love to try Zumba, But don`t want to go alone :( I have managed to find a friend who will come to Aquafit with me :D So I am going to investigate classes for us to go to and I need to get my butt back on the Wii :D

Good luck with your walk TB

Xx

This is all alien to me LOL
I don't know what Zumba or spinning are!

hope you dont ache too much after the weights :(

Thanks but I've just got up to take Val into work and they are starting to throb already LOL

well done for getting back to the gym Mazza. I have really got to get my bum into gear and get back to the gym - not been for ages. You've just inspired me to book some classes for next week. I need to get back into the routine.

ive just joined a gym near me, ive payed in advance but i cant make a start for another few weeks as there still finishing off the building as its all brand new, im looking forward to getting started and maybe 1 day i may be fit enough to try spin to, im glad your back into now mazza, i cant wait it start to x

Oh thats good Liz, I bet you cant wait! Spinning is good fun but you go at your own pace so maybe sooner than later? x

I've pulled my back so I'm out for the time being :cry: I'm sat at home on painkillers getting fatter and fatter :( :cry:

Hola CC

Oh dear, what happened or do you suffer with your back? Hope it gets better soon. BTW that was me who text you on New Years Eve - sorry forgot to text you back to let you know x

Hola CC

Oh dear, what happened or do you suffer with your back? Hope it gets better soon. BTW that was me who text you on New Years Eve - sorry forgot to text you back to let you know x

LOL!!! Thanks happy new year to you too. I'm still using my £6.00 mobile phone and it's driving me bonkers - it's pathetic (even if it's a God send!)! I blame Vodafone for my current mobile phone predicament .. :mad: :mad:

I was doing Body Combat. I was on the last track before abs and something went in my back. I thought I needed to 'crick' it back into place so I went out the class went to the changing rooms to bend and stretch, went I bent the pain was excruciating! I could barely walk it was painful to even carry my bag to the car. I was in so much pain I had to take the lift one floor to get out the building (it's been a long time since I was barely able to climb the stairs after my gym work out). I've been on ibuprofen and resting since. I have cancelled a meeting at work because I can't do the 100 mile commute to get there - can only drive short distances.

I'm in much pain and I'm gutted. I'm really losing so slowly and the exercise I think is the one thing that helps and thus I've now gained on the scales. Gutted absolutely gutted so all my classes this week have been cancelled :cry: So I'm not doing my beloved Wednesday spin as I need to be 100% or I'll just be giving myself grief for the future. The problem is the gym and the classes are my lifeline in so many ways :( :cry:

Sorry for the mass outpouring there. :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

Back