• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bananas - driving me bananas

helloeverybody83

Hello everyone!

So I've had my fifth 'little and often' fill since my band last June.

I'm now at 7.25 fill of my 10ml band.

Was really enjoying (well chewed) bananas before my latest fill - and now when I get to half a banana I feel really sick/PB.

It sounds ridiculous but I'll really miss bananas! Haha. That looks so ridiculous :p.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far x

Maybe you ate it a bit too quickly? as you get to your 'sweet spot' its a fine line between too tight and eating too quickly x

Ooh a reply from the famous Mazza! Yay! Hello.

Yeah, possibly a bit too quick. I've taken to cutting them up to slow myself down. Really hope I don't have to cut them out of my diet.

Mazza is so right. Personally I cannot be bothered even trying to eat a whole banana nowadays, they are not the easiest thing to go down through my band :rolleyes: hope you find your happy place :)

I get little baby bananas, probably get 3/4 of the way through before I just don't want any more. I've got to chew REALLY well though!
I'd miss them if I had to give them up completely...

On a related note, I found out tonight that no amount of chewing will let grape skins pass through the band. Bleurgh. Can't be bothered peeling blooming grapes!

Ooh a reply from the famous Mazza! Yay! Hello.

Yeah, possibly a bit too quick. I've taken to cutting them up to slow myself down. Really hope I don't have to cut them out of my diet.

Oooooh my I'm famous :eek: who'd of thunk it!?

Wait................. in a good way I hope :whistle: xx

Haha Mazza yes, in a good way. The Oracle, I've heard people call you!

I'm glad it's not just me who loves bananas. I've not bothered trying for a couple of days... will give it a whirl tomorrow though. I'll have it in two sittings at my desk. Haha.

I cannot eat Banana without having issues digesting it but I do get my banana fix a few times a week as I have a banana smoothie for breakfast - milk, banana, ice and teaspoon of peanut butter - yum yum yum

PS NT1977 we were banded on the same day by the same surgeon at the same hospital! Oh my god! AND we were exact same pre-op weight! WEIRD! You've lost more than me though, y'bugger! ;-)

Can't believe we were a few doors away from each other haha. x

I make two similar smoothies:

A "banana drink" as I call it - very ripe banana (I let them get a bit brown, peel, and freeze) and milk.

Or with PB2 which gives the same taste as regular peanut butter but without all the fat/calories. I really love the chocolate PB2 - you can buy it on Amazon.

ooh never heard of PB2 - will have a look online. Thanks lovely xx

It's awesome! 85% less fat/calories. Just looked on the container. Gives the taste without the guilt. The chocolate is the best (and I don't like chocolate)!

Attachments

• image-251687804.jpg
    image-251687804.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 27
OMG look at that !!

you now have to ignore my stats I am pregnant (that was my christmas shocker!LOL) figures are still moving down but I don't know how long for - you will win the race to goal I am sure:D

Thank you, it's a result of weight loss for sure, was told in may I would need IVF to conceive again!

For now I am staying as I am, restriction is good and I am averaging 1200 calls a day which the consultant and my midwife are happy with. Just going to keep on plugging on with it and try not to get too stressed with any gains

Back